TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Okay, now I am on the border of ticked off... (longish)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-1999, 05:57 AM
Joe

Default Okay, now I am on the border of ticked off... (longish)

I called my salesman again this morning (last spoke to him a week ago, when I faxed him some credit apps) and he basically said that he doesn't have an update, that he has 34 other expecting TT owners, that the salesman behind him has 28, and that everyone is calling for updates and (of course not in these exact words) that they don't have time to call people and give them information they they don't have. (This despite that other dealers seem to be a lot more successful -- and proactive -- in digging up status information).

I can understand that they are a high volume dealership, but I am really concerned that I should be getting a bit more butt kissing when I am about to drop 35 large on one of their cars -- especially when they freaked up my first order and the car arrived in the wrong colors. I went to this dealership because coworkers have told me that their service department is one of the best in the country, but I am getting a bit concerned about the sales side of their organization. If I hadn't already been waiting more than four month at this place I would probably be dealer shopping right now. That sucks. The waiting aside (and expected), this should be a happy experience and I feel like I should have to call and call just to mine the order/delivery status out of them.

I know I was on the boat three or four weeks ago, but other than an order #, that's all the info I have.

Sorry about the negative posting. I'm just a bit ticked off, considering that some of you's have had much more positive sales experiences than I am. Looking forward to the chat on Wednesday.
--Joe
Old 10-11-1999, 07:05 AM
STTeve R

Default You would think that Audi would provide oversight for their dealerships (more)

It appears to me that s--t does indeed happen no matter what scenario. However, when I read stories posted about poor (literally intolerable) customer service, either from the sales or auto service end, I shutter to think that things will NOT change for the better unless consumers take a stand.
In your situation, I would have camped out on their lot with a large placard when they f'd up your order...and would have walked away after receiving a worthwhile concession for the inconvenience. I am the type of person who will get in your face until I receive satisfaction. And people can think of me as an a-hole if they want...but I will have my pound of flesh.
Others might feel it is a useless, trivial pursuit. But, if consumers expect...AND accept the 'status quo,' then they have no one to blame but themselves...and all the bitching in the world will not make the situation better.
Just one opinion...and not blasting you, Joe. I empathize for you in your current dilemma...just p'oed that it makes no difference if its $35K for a car, $.5M for a house, or 2 bucks for a cold, coagulated, sitting-there-forever Big Mac.

Steve
Old 10-11-1999, 07:14 AM
Denny

Gee, I bet you are dealing with Pray. Try giving Danbury a call, maybe you'll get lucky (nt)
Old 10-11-1999, 11:17 AM
phred

Default It's not really Audi's fault (more)

The company-dealer relationship, from what I've read and seen over the years, is very complicated and tends to favor the ... dealer, oddly enough. They seem to have curried favor with state and federal legislatures so that they can't be forced or told to do business in a certain way (e.g., only sell at MSRP, don't sell at MSRP, etc.)

This drives the car companies crazy because it's their product on the lot and their logo on the sign, but the locals call almost all the shots and generate bad publicity for them. If you ever call AoA and really press them to help you, they will probably eventually admit to most of this. Strong persuasion, that's the only tool they have.
Old 10-11-1999, 01:20 PM
Joe

Default Update...

Thanks for the responses.

I figured you guys might be interested in this. I took Denny's advice and called the Danbury (20 miles away) dealer to speak with a salesman. At this point I have already been waiting and have a car supposedly, probably, unless-it-plopped-into-the-Atlantic, going through the process in Boston, so I'd have to have to either reorder or throw myself to the whims of chance at hoping that another dealer has one/gets one.

So, I spoke to a saleman at this dealership. He was actually quite pleasant, and while he was obviously being careful not to slam my dealership (yep, the one formerly-known-as-Pray -- Its New Country Audi now), said that he has not heard any horror stories from the dealership or my salesman. (He did, however, imply bad things about a third local dealership where I initially test drove but decided not to order). Anyway, to say in 500 words what should take 25, he said that he can't explain that original car being in the wrong color ("Audi doesn't build cars in the wrong color"), it is very possible that the sheer volume of the dealership is the reason I haven't gotten much attention.

So, I am again jumping every time my phone rings, wondering if my whirring denim blue bit of alloy sculpture is on a truck headed this way. Maybe, just maybe, I'll soon be able to take the Grandma's for the rides they've been bugging me for.

Thanks for the supportive words.
--Joe
Old 10-13-1999, 11:38 AM
J Mood

Default Re: Update...

Any comments on Valenti Audi at Watertown, Conn.?