TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Ordered my 225 TTQ Roadster today!!!!!!!!!!!! (finally!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2000, 08:13 PM
TP

Default Ordered my 225 TTQ Roadster today!!!!!!!!!!!! (finally!!)

Ordered a 225 TTQ Roadster, silver/black/black, premium package, and Bose. Anticipating a pre-Memorial Day delivery. Don't know or care if it will have ESP. Ordered it from Holbert Audi near Philadelphia, PA. (Highly recommended!!! Talk to Robert W.) Can't wait to drive it from Philly to San Diego!

Before you beast on me about the Bose, I'm going to try it and see. The one in the local dealer sounded fine. Plus, I didn't want some minimum wage kid at the stereo store digging around my TT especially when the first TT he ever touched was mine. Besides, outstanding sound quality is not a prime concern in a car with no roof.

No, there was no exact pricing available.
Old 02-14-2000, 10:34 PM
Flick

Default Please Post News on Audio when you get it!!!

Those of us non-hardcore audiophiles are having a tough time sorting out the trash-talk about Bose from the real cost and performance of a comparable after-market system.

The snobby guys at the audio dealer scoffed when I mentioned a Bose system for $1200, but when I asked if they could build me a comparable system for less, they said 'no'. Basically they wanted me to spend $3000 on a car audio system (for a car with no roof!) and that's outta my league.

So let us know if the $1200 is worth it or if we should just take the standard version and toss a CD changer in the back.
Old 02-15-2000, 12:24 AM
steve g

Default Other than Bose

The Bose in my TT is adequate,not worth $1,200, but adequate.If the option was a different system ordered from and installed by Audi at delivery,that would have been preferred,but as TP said, I did not want someone mucking about my car installing an aftermarket system.If you trust an installer to not screw up your car,keep looking for another system. If not, the Bose is worth it.