TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

OT "life on the road"

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT "life on the road"

Hi peeps,

Well I just figured I would share the exploits of an "on the road" salesperson (yes I'm still employed for now).

I honestly feel like I'm stuck in a bad episode from the Twilight Zhone. I got to San Jose today only to be informed by Hertz that they only had $140 a day Jag's left?! (WTF) this place normally has 100s of cars.

OK, so not a huge problem, pop on over to National and get a nice Mitsu 4x4 for about the same price as a mid-size (although no nav).

OK, so stop by starbucks, grab a coffee, electric shave in the car, freshen up at Starbucks then off to the airport to collect colleague and head off for the 1st of 2 meetings with those people who make lots of boxes in San Jose (no names please).

Meetings went very well but then, oh no, the shame of it. The double tree (my usual haunt) was fully booked! (they have over 500 rooms for gods sake). So I am not stuck in the Hilton Towers in downtown SJ enjoyning a whopping 42.5kbps speed.

Guess I'll be calling the Wyndam to see if they have rooms for tomorrow and have a high-speed connection. No I don't just want(need) a high-speed line so I can check out all the nice pics and posts on AudiWorld. Ever tried really working with outlook on a sub 500kbps link? - it sucks!

Well at least they have some pretty ok movies to choose from whilst I work until about 1am getting all my emails synced up and sent out.

You see - life on the road is not always that nice and if it is? then I wanna work there too

Night Night