TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Other vehicles are just transportation, the TT is an adventure...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other vehicles are just transportation, the TT is an adventure...

Recently I had the misfortune of having my TT in the body shop for 2 weeks. (A kindly old lady creased the entire side in a parking lot, and I wasn't even parked, I was just waiting for another car to move.)
My loaner car was a new Dodge Intrepid which by many accounts is considered a nice driver's car. Well, I hated every minute for the first week. It was big, not very comfortable considering it's size, and rather "unwieldy" to say the least.
By the 2nd week I had grown accustomed to the mediocrity of monotomous transportation. I could just as well have in a "pod" under remote control of some traffic authority getting me back and forth to work.
Last Friday my TT was finished. I rushed over to the body shop at 4pm with my heart fluttering about how it would look. It was perfect! Brooks Auto Collison in Orange, CA did a fantastic job. There is no evidence of anything ever being wrong, and they detailed the inside and out to boot!
Well, getting back behind the wheel was so wonderful. Every thing I had been missing came roaring back. The next day it poured and I loved driving my TT in the rain!!!!!
There is nothing that can beat a TT Quattro away from a stoplight in the rain!
After a year and a month I love my TT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2001, 05:56 AM

Re: Rain race? you are on, bring green forms, I still want a TT . .
Old 04-12-2001, 06:27 AM

Default You met my grandmother and her lack of cataracts!

My grandmother, in the last two months of driving, rear ended someone in the first month and tried to squeeze between two cars in the second. She creased the sides of TWO cars at once. :-(

That was all we needed to stop her from driving.

The other day after work, she got a ride in the TT. As she put it, it had been 50 years since she had ridden/driven a convertible. She had a lot of fun. I was driving her down to the lake to go for a ride in the skiboat (with me skiing behind of course).
Old 04-12-2001, 08:24 AM

If you were skiing, does that mean your grandmother was driving the boat?
Old 04-12-2001, 09:30 AM

Right... Dad was driving, wife was watching puppy... Grandmother was holding onto her hat. :-)