TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Please comment on 20K mile service "minor gripe" list... anything I forgot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please comment on 20K mile service "minor gripe" list... anything I forgot?

I love this car, but this is a big service and I need a few things checked out. Please offer opinions.

-----

In ADDITION to the work performed as part of the 20,000 mile TT service, please look at the following:

1) Please use the Mobil 1 oil I have provided for the oil change-- only 4.8 quarts. Please don't overfill.

2) Please do NOT wash the car.

3) Gearshift **** rotates with normal use-- this was supposed to have been repaired at last service; problem returned within a week. Please repair.

4) Please check clutch operation-- engagement is abrupt and causes "bucking" on 1st gear-2nd gear-3rd gear changes.

5) Transmission feels very "notchy" when shifting, even when warm. Sometimes gear engagement is difficult because of this.

6) Dampers (shock absorbers) have been performing poorly for the last 10,000 miles. Car nose dives on braking and pitches backward on hard acceleration, bumps unsettle the car on curves. I consider this to be a real hazard and I wish to have the shocks replaced under warranty.

7) Brake pedal sometimes has a vibration under normal braking. This is an occasional problem that seems to come and go.

8) Please check the Mass Air Flow meter (MAF). Occasionally, the car will lose power between 4K and 5K RPMs under full throttle, with the power returning st 5k RPMs.

9) Windshield wipers are streaking. Please replace.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They now have a fix for the dash light buzz, make sure they have the ....

Haldex service equipment before you go.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

DV reponse?
Old 04-17-2002, 06:58 PM
Elder Member

Default LOL, after two solid days of communication and ideation groups, have a couple

of semantic changes for you.

3) Gearshift **** rotates with normal use--fix applied at last service, problem returned within a week. Please give it another shot.

(less confrontational, accusatory and "in-your-face.")

6) Dampers (shock absorbers) have been performing poorly for the last 10,000 miles. Car nose dives on braking and pitches backward on hard acceleration, bumps unsettle the car on curves. This is a real hazard. Per warranty, replace shocks.

(statments, not wishes)

On 4, 5, 7 and 8, you state issue, but do not state action to be taken. Add action statement, "replace", "fix", "remedy"...something. Open-ended leaves them more room for "could not replicate problem." They may do that anyway, but, hey, give it a shot.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also...insert "SAFETY" before hazard in #6.....
Old 04-17-2002, 07:02 PM

Default Re: They now have a fix for the dash light buzz, make sure they have the ....

Sorry, I missed this. Did Audi come up with a new TSB or something to fix the dash light buzz? If so what is the TSB number?
Old 04-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Elder Member

Bada Bing..excellent point. Oh, and are you at 2 years...make sure they replace brake fluid.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:06 PM

Default Evan I had mine done today....had same list as you..

I used Redline instead of Mobil 1. Haldex service was done ok. Honestly I think your wasting your time on the shocks, I have same problem on mine but really unless they are leaking dangerous substandard performance does not equate to replacement, I have given up on this altogether. Tech said my car drove fine. Evan...at speed the car is very very unstable...I know what you mean. Seriously if you want to cure the tranny problem have dealer install Redline MT90, I had same problems as you describe, Redline cured it...and it never came back.. I got new wipers. ALso had rear calipers rebuilt..they were shot. You know they will overfill your oil no matter what ya say dont you??? lol...and yes they washed my car...even though I said dont...service took 5.5 hours..
Old 04-17-2002, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know you are going to Diablo for this

They F'ed up one of my wheels while in for the 20k service last week, and are refusing to take responsibility for it. Disappointing as they had been good to this point.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

"10) Please don't f&$# up anything that's not broken." ;-)

Quick Reply: Please comment on 20K mile service "minor gripe" list... anything I forgot?