TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

School's ouTT for Summer, Yahooooooo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default School's ouTT for Summer, Yahooooooo!

Well another year of teaching is in the record books.I'm free as of today. We're leaving PDX on Tuesday for Puerto Vallarta. We have good friends that live there and they are kindly sharing one of their two condos with us as a gift.

We haven't been to P.V. in two years. Does anyone know any new hot spots we should check out.We go to P.V. regularly, but as I said, it's been a while.

We would like to take our friends out for a special dinner at least one night during our visit. Our usual favorite restaurants are "Cafe des Artistes," "Trios," "Los Pibes," "Mariscos Polo," "Cafe Adobe," & "Rito's Bacci." Are any of these closed, or have any gone downhill? Or better yet, is there a fun new place we should try?

Suggestins please! Thanks!
Old 06-21-2002, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool...Sounds like fun...I don't know P.V at all.... P.S. - CarTTman is gonna give you the OT

speech... ;-)
Old 06-21-2002, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chuck, here's a bit of info....

Like you, we've been to PV many times and some of your restaurants are on our 'list' too. As for the best of PV, I think you've nailed it with Cafe de Artistes, Pibes, and Adobe although there are a few more to consider.

Try Los Arbolito's or the Artichoke Cafe. Both are near the Rio Cuale, but up higher into the hills than the majority of restaurants - about 10 blocks up for both I believe. Both are great - in fact, Los Arbolito's is our favorite of all of them. It's not as formal as Artistes by any stretch but similar in ambiance to Pibes, etc. It's a 4 story building with an open side to view the mountains at night. Food is fabulous - Kerry always gets the Garlic Shrimp.

Also, try Cafe de Olla. This is a tradition for us and specializes in grilled meats and traditional mexican food. Very reasonably priced too.

Speaking of meat, if you have any interest in Brazilian/Churrasco style food, try 'Brasil'. It's a pretty good value and is very tasty.

If you are interested in a Sunday Brunch, you cannot beat Bogart's near Christines Disco. VERY good on Sunday.

Enjoy the trip!