TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

So, the car IS totalled.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, the car IS totalled.

Okay, yeah... so today I get a call, there were more problems, so they decided to go ahead and total the car.

I'm sure they are going to try to screw me on what its worth. I paid 20k for it and I really want that back. Its a 2001 with 45k and it was PERFECT in every way.

Does anyone have any tips on getting the full amount of what my car is worth? I don't want them sticking me with the 17k number they were throwing around... I need at least 23k to get a TT in the condition mine was in.

I JUST got a new skidplate for it too, BRAND spankin new. I guess if anyone wants it, I'll sell it cheap, shoot me an email.

Fresh from Audi KC.

It will never be on TT it was meant to be on.

I'll never forget my first TT.

Now I'm on the quest for the second one.

White/Black leather 225. Mmmmmm.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 PM

I saw an audi certified 45k TTQC w/ warranty go for $14,250... what was so special about yours?
Old 12-29-2006, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$14,250 is so under market. BUT, HugeTTs u need to know you can't expect more than u paid
Old 12-30-2006, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sucks, sorry to hear that, going to be tough to get full value from the insurance .......

company. Looks like you had some mods, unless you informed the insurance company about them, you won't get any increased value from them. Try doing a lot of research to find out what a TT like yours is going for, the more stats you have the more fight you have.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Unfortunately, others are right...

As much as it stings, you won't get what you paid or what you want - only what the car was worthin your market.

We only got ~$17k after a freak rainstorm in Baton Rouge turned our pristine A6 2.7t into a submarine this summer. The engine stayed dry, but the interior and electronics were gone with 3 feet of water in the car - thus totalling a mechanically sound vehicle. This car was, like yours, perfect in every way, impeccably maintained, and unfortunately, in a market that is horrible for high-end resale value. There's no way we could touch another 2.7T in similar condition for that price.

This is why insurance companies are regularly treated with more revulsion than divorce lawyers.

If you want to press things, good luck. I definitely know your pain.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow! Sorry to hear that too! Well, at least now you have the chance to get an ALMS! )
Old 12-30-2006, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep us posted here, I'm in the same boat. I figure to only see about $15K
Old 12-30-2006, 06:18 AM

Default In my experience if you looking to get the most for your car start shopping around your

area & build a spreadsheet with the mileage and location/contact information of the cars available to build your case that $20k is better then $17k for a replacement TT in your market. While I've haven't done this with a TT - I've done this with two different cars and gotten more then the insurance companies initial offer both times. One insurance company State Farm and the other was Progressive. Bottom-line is you need to show that the replacement for your car is 20k not 17k....good luck
Old 12-30-2006, 07:09 AM

Default If you don't have gap insurance

you'll only get the book value on the car. However, in the past, I've at least gotten retail value from a totaled car and that was with disregard to mileage or any other conditions. I was told they look at the year, make, and model, and base the value on excellent condition with low mileage. This may only be if it was another drivers insurance covering the cost... As was in my case. And of course the gap insurance only covers the difference in what they pay you and what you owe on the loan (if there is one).
Old 12-30-2006, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, email me Huge, I have a white.ebony 225...

Quick Reply: So, the car IS totalled.