TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Thoughts on Quattro Club and autonomy...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 06:12 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thoughts on Quattro Club and autonomy...

Some of you know I created this half-assed car club aka the SoCal TT Club. I've been asked by Audi and by the National Director of the Quattro Club to consider converting our club to a Quattro Club chapter. I've been told that this would be a way for me to receive funding from Audi for trips, projects and functions.

Today, I received my Q.C. Quarterly, and on page 41 is a piece written by Mr. Paul Rivera entitled, "Aftermarket Modifications and Your Factory New Car Warranty". The article goes on and on extolling the evils of aftermarket modifications, and essentially suggesting that you get what you deserve if you do these mods and face a denial of warranty by Audi.

Personally, I believe that aftermarket parts are rarely responsible for denial of service issues, and are often a ruse for attempting to sidestep a legitimate warranty claim. Obviously, this is not always the case, but let's call a spade a spade.

With all due respect to Mr. Rivera, this article reads as if someone from Audi wrote it. Did they?

The major reason for my desire to keep our little club private is autonomy. We are free to praise Audi when warranted (ex. the recent quattro Challenge) and take them to task when appropriate (FWD transmissions and such).

I believe Audi means "to listen". Whether Audi realizes it or not, listening to critique by their customers will make them a better and stronger company. Repetition of the party line does nothing other than maintaining the status quo.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:28 PM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Since membership is $40 seems they are willing to fund some things.....

It is their magazine so they need to print audi policy but that does not in any way mean you should not do what you want with your car. Go to any Quattro Club Weekend and see all those die hard quattro drivers with heavily modified cars. Every club has events and all the raffle prizes are mods so it's not like you become a audi management clone if your club is listed as a official branch. It just helps spread the audi enthusiasm and allows you and they to build a network of owners. The more members the more well run events.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

And that will show Audi that the ppl who buy their cars are interested in more performance....
Old 10-23-2001, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I like your club....

I also belong to the Quattro Club. Both have their place.

Let's take a look at, for example, this forum and the "official" Quattro forum. In the Quattro club TT Forum, there have been 8 posts with 24 replies and 427 views since 08/14/01. I can't estimate the number of messages here since 08/14. They were begging for help with forum moderation. I volunteered 2 months ago, but have yet to receive any response.

This is not meant to find fault with the Quattro Club, but I think you've met with a lot of success with the SoCal TT club. I've heard about lots of fun events, and most of them appear to have been well attended.

I understand your interest having our SoCal TT Club underwritten, but be proud of what you've accomplished without the official stamp of approval. There may be some things gained if you do indeed decide to merge into the Quattro club. I'll leave that for you to contemplate. But maybe, just maybe, they are looking at what you've accomplished and how active the SoCal TT club is and they hope to gain more. Don't sell what you've done short!<ul><li><a href="http://www.quattroclubusa.org/r/socal/Events/events.html">SoCal Quattro Club Events</a></li></ul>
Old 10-23-2001, 07:30 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the compliments!
Old 10-24-2001, 09:00 AM

Brad, stay independent. More fun and less bureaucracy.