TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Tonight....coil go bye-bye.....and I scold a naughty boy>

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonight....coil go bye-bye.....and I scold a naughty boy>

Well..that coil is crap-o-laa. Knew #4 was going (again) so I sent away for a few.
Climb a hill....nail 1st..sweet, 2nd..hmm, 3rd...not right..seems flatish.
Few minutes later I hammered 2nd and was presented with a long and loud "coil fart". It was accompanied by lousy performance. So, no TT til ECS Tuning coils arrive.
Here's the fun part that made my night. I'm gently cruising home...going through the absolute heart of Upper Montclair (yea, I know, crap-o-laa) with 4 cop cars in every garage and a pair of young bozos roll up behind me and start reving what sounded like a very modified Vette. I moved forward, they wait...then light 'em up...right up my ***. Gotta say, this car was awesome!....rip the paint off the side of my house. I'd never get out of 1st gear against that car.
Anyway....I don't particularly car for "devil may care" **** head kids being dangerous near me and my posessions. (It was obvious from the acne on that wart of a face that he didn't have to wait til his 40's to afford an expense toy and probably doesn't cherish it as I do mine.) So I lean out of the car....point at 'em (ohhh me so nervous) and remind them not to do that behind me again. Kinda like a very stern reprimand from your friendly H.S. woodshop instructor. Driver looked like Beaver Cleever with side burns. Co-pilot looked...exactly the same....(?).
"Hey Beav.....you sure you know how to drive that thing?" "Gee Wally....I, I don't know. I'm just trying to impress the girls."
thats so cool
Old 09-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Rest In Peace

Default lol....>>>

got a nice compliment from a SLK AMG owner tonight on the way home on the Merrit Parkway here in connecticut.

Rolls up next to me in traffic and says " REALLY like what you have done to that TT....looks gorgeous..."

and we both drive away sanely! GO figure! ;-)
Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 PM

the putz behind me was overcome by the illusion of power. schmuck kid!