TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Took delivery of my Black TTQ this morning :-)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-1999, 09:53 PM
Damian

Default Took delivery of my Black TTQ this morning :-)

Flew down to Burbank from San Francisco this morning to pick up my TTQ from Keyes Audi (couldn't wait until Tuesday when they said it would be delivered), and drove it back to SF. What an amazing car, I stopped twice, once for food and once for gas, both times people came up to me and asked about it. One guy described it as 'The Future', suffice to say I am very pleased with it. I also saw an Amulet Red TT there, and a black TT with chromed wheels (looked pretty good but I prefer the standard look). Tomorrow I'm planning on a quick trip to Stinson Beach (great road) and then I'm off to Tahoe for the holidays.

Damian
Old 12-22-1999, 09:54 PM
LarryTT

Good luck with it. Which black? My TTQ is Raven/Ebony
Old 12-22-1999, 09:57 PM
D-TTrain

Congrats Damian from another Bay Area TTer! (Fremont)
Old 12-22-1999, 10:04 PM
Damian

It's Brilliant Black/Ebony all options except the phone
Old 12-23-1999, 08:21 AM
Al P

Default what were your impressions of the keyes folks?

i didn't feel that the merc benz contingent were very honest, even though, supposedly, MB is going one-price.
Old 12-23-1999, 08:53 AM
Damian

Default Re: what were your impressions of the keyes folks?

Well I actually got my car through carsdirect.com who were very helpful, everywhere else was telling me there was a three to four month waiting list but carsdirect located a car in a little under a week, and everyone I spoke to there was great. So my only interaction with the Keyes folks was picking the car up. But as far as carsdirect goes big thumbs up.

Damian
Old 12-23-1999, 11:02 AM
Elmo

Default They are buttheads ...

I almost bought my A6 there. They have little inventory and aren't interested in dealing (interesting combo, eh?). I ended going to Beverly Hills Audi where they had lots o'cars and their first offer was lower than the one I ground out of Keyes after 3 hours. Ask for Simon.
Old 12-23-1999, 03:55 PM
Damian

Default Inventory seemed pretty big

When I was there they had a pretty big inventory, over a hundred cars, they even had around seven TT's.

I will say this about them though they did try and get me into a really crappy lease, an extra $2k down and a higher monthly over what I ended up getting..

Damian
Old 12-23-1999, 06:40 PM
Hank

Default Re: what were your impressions of the keyes folks?

I just got my TTQ today! In fact, I used CarsDirect.com as well, and my car came from Keyes as well - since I live in SoCal - CarsDirect.com had the car delivered to my house on a flatbed. My TTQ color is Aviator Gray.

On a side note, Hoehn Audi in Carlsbad finally answered my TTQ inquiry from Autobytel.com, and they said there was a waiting list for 8 - 9 months to get a TT. I said, oh that's too bad because CarsDirect.com got mine as soon as I entered my inquiry.

Hope you enjoy it!