TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TT build - first time Audi owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've made a little progress, started on the suspension while I'm waiting on the block to come back. Figured while I was in there I would replace all the wheel bearings and bushings as needed. I'll also be replacing the lower ball joints and upgrading the brakes/rotors/calipers. All the rubber bushings I've checked are good so far, unfortunately I did find a leaky steering rack. I'll be pulling the spare off the parts car and swapping it over as it checks out just fine.

I finally decided on a stage II South Bend Clutch - Daily Driver and ordered in some more parts.
Like this view, almost looks like it's got legs and will start walking any moment.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ended up having Ellison Machine Shop do the block and head work. The guy there is a perfectionist and that's what I want in a machine shop owner.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Money tree??

My question is, where the heck did you get the dough to buy one then immediately rip it apart and upgrade??!! Geez, I'm buying $30 parts at a time so I don't blow through my savings lol.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

It is great to see another one getting saved by a very competent builder owner. Especially a blue one . I have had an engine replacement due to a dropped valve too. Looks depressingly familiar. I am building a shop and must thank you for showing that Bendpack clear floor lift. I was not aware of that one and it is exactly what I need! I’ll get to pour my floor with the recesses already in place.
while you are sharing you might join us over at QuattroWorld. Many of the long term original owners still hang out there. ( though we are dying out.)
quattroworld.com Forums: TT Mk1

Last edited by J. Patterson; 02-09-2018 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by J. Patterson
It is great to see another one getting saved by a very competent builder owner. Especially a blue one . I have had an engine replacement due to a dropped valve too. Looks depressingly familiar. I am building a shop and must thank you for showing that Bendpack clear floor lift. I was not aware of that one and it is exactly what I need! I’ll get to pour my floor with the recesses already in place.
while you are sharing you might join us over at QuattroWorld. Many of the long term original owners still hang out there. ( though we are dying out.)
quattroworld.com Forums: TT Mk1
Thanks I'll check out the site.
I shot a video of the lift install if you are interested in checking it out.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

you may not like what you see here... warning some TT's were harmed in the making of this video

Old 02-09-2018, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Is that Haldex diff good? Be sure to save that!
Old 02-09-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

I like the dual crane game in the background. Is it a Big Choice with modified doors? Asking since I see Bill Validators. In my son's thread linked above, there is a Bally slot in the garage.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
I like the dual crane game in the background. Is it a Big Choice with modified doors? Asking since I see Bill Validators. In my son's thread linked above, there is a Bally slot in the garage.
Yes sir you are correct, Big Choice dual crane. The wife was telling me about the little plastic mini crane games she saw at Costco and thought our kid might enjoy one, so instead I bought the real thing. Works great and came fully loaded with toys, gives the kid something to do while i'm working in the garage. I don't think the bill Validators work, I wired up a couple momentary switches to the coin switch so it's basically free play if you know where the buttons are. I've gone a little overboard and bought a few hundred beanie babies to refill it with. I was originally going to put it in the house and make a little game room but I should have measured first. It's too wide to fit through any of our doors!
Old 02-10-2018, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by xeontis
Yes sir you are correct, Big Choice dual crane. The wife was telling me about the little plastic mini crane games she saw at Costco and thought our kid might enjoy one, so instead I bought the real thing. Works great and came fully loaded with toys, gives the kid something to do while i'm working in the garage. I don't think the bill Validators work, I wired up a couple momentary switches to the coin switch so it's basically free play if you know where the buttons are. I've gone a little overboard and bought a few hundred beanie babies to refill it with. I was originally going to put it in the house and make a little game room but I should have measured first. It's too wide to fit through any of our doors!
I know the feeling, I once bought my kids a Pokemon Catch machine at an auction. Even bought a bunch of prize refill ***** from Sega (They acquired Sammy in the '00's) Machine would not fit around the 180° stairs going int the basement. Obviously that was before my son got into playing with Audi's...

https://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?pa...d=1473&image=1

Back to the Audi TT show........

Quick Reply: TT build - first time Audi owner