TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Why are there so many idiot/angry drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are there so many idiot/angry drivers?

I was driving down a three lane street, in the right lane (I'm going to turn right at the next street). Nobody in front of me. There is is an Explorer two lanes to my left, with nobody in front of him. The Explorer starts merging over to his right, straight into me. Once he touches my lane, right next to me, I honk. He veares away and brakes. He pulls in behind me, and tailgates about 4 feet behind me. I ignore him. HE SCREWS UP, AND IS MAD AT ME! I make the right turn, and leave the idiot behind.

The next day, I'm on a three lane road, with a car to my right. He starts drinking a sport drink, and merges to his left, at the same time, into my lane. I honk, and he acts like he did nothing wrong. I ignore him, and go my way.

Are people jealous of TT drivers, or are they just idiots?
Old 08-06-2001, 07:51 PM

Idiots.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I can't believe how quickly people are to escalate to the middle finger nowadays.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:44 PM

concur....and they are also morons (or would that be less-ons?).
Old 08-06-2001, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Same stupids in everywhere and everycountry .
Old 08-07-2001, 03:29 AM
MIB

"God must love stupid people, for he made so many of them."
Old 08-07-2001, 04:27 AM
Elder Member

AND they breed like friggin' rabbits!!!
Old 08-07-2001, 06:09 AM
Elder Member

Idiots
Old 08-07-2001, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's not just TT drivers that they hate...

...Back when I had my Camry, I had a guy try to run me off the road because he was mad after he screwed up. Here's the story.

I was driving down a two lane road in the right lane. I was coming up to a light that was green and about 100 feet before I got to the light, someone in a rusted out Ford pickup truck on the intersecting streets makes a right on red. Well, I swerve over into the left lane to keep from hitting him, and apparently he didn't like that at all. He comes flying past me with one finger out the window (I think you can figure out which one) to let me know how he feels about my accident avoidance skills. Well, that apparently didn't satisfy him because then he slowed down, put his whole arm out the window and started waving that one finger like a madman. Still not satisfied, he decided to tailgate me and then come around me and start swerving into my lane. Well, at that point, I start trying to get away a little bit.

I drove about a mile with him swerving into my lane, getting ahead of me and slamming on his brakes, etc. I was on my way to lunch, and just about to my destination, and so I turn on my blinker to turn into the parking lot, so he pulls up next to me, blocks the right lane of traffic, and starts yelling all sorts of obsenities at me. People at the restaurant I was going to were looking at him like he was nuts, and so was I.

I'm just glad that he didn't decide to follow me into the parking lot because who knows what he would have done. A friend of mine told me that I should have just let him hit me so I could sue him...I guess that would have been a great idea if he had been in a BMW or something, but this guy was in a rusted out Ford pickup, probably had a gun under the seat, and I'd be amazed if he had insurance.

The End.

Quick Reply: Why are there so many idiot/angry drivers?