TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wouldn't ya know it... (another rant)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-1999, 05:03 AM
mne

Default Wouldn't ya know it... (another rant)

Today I'm dropping the TT off for its 5k service (oil change or whatever they do) and I was gonna have em take a look (for the FOURTH time) at the drivers side window which has that "from-time-to-time-mind-of-its-own-thing" goin. Last night I'm leaving my favorite M&M's hangout (mexican & margaritas) and I get in the car, push the 'down' button on the window and hear that all-too-familiar "clunk" when the window retracts all the way down to the bottom of the door. You know... the "clunk" that means the window has fixed, or repaired itself yet again. The "clunk" that means you don't get to hear the "counter-clunk" (that happens at the top of the windows travel, signifying "I'm broken again and will retract to the half-down position for the next two weeks every time you close me Mmwahahaha") until the day after you pick it up from the dealer. This is the fourth time it's been in and this item checked. The 3rd time... I stopped en-route to my job as it did it 10 minutes outta the garage and I thought "AHA!!! I've got ya now"... well, you guessed it... that time it broke then repaired itself when I got out of the car to go inside the service department (silly me, rolled the window up to go inside out of habit... yep that "clunk" again) SECONDS away from an Audi service deity. And no amount of "resetting" ala the owners manual has any affect whatsoever. Its not resettable by holding the window button down, or up or ANY other way, or by using the key and holding it in the door one way or the other for extended periods. Its alive I tell ya... sentient and aware of the world around it... it knows when it's going to the dealer, and it's my nemesis. Worst part is, the Audi service department takes a "if we can't make it do it, it doesnt exist" policy. But she remains my baby. Like any other woman... alluring, sweet, soulful, exciting and up to the task... ya just can't try too hard to understand her.

Wonder if I might get the A4S demo instead of the A6 quattro for my loaner today? Mmmmm... a high-spirited woman in evening wear with her hair up.