TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Zaino Comments

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Comments

Just a couple of comments on my experience with Zaino. Maybe someone can help with the problems I am having.

I did the original (C)Larry application (clay bar, z1, z2, z5, etc) and it came out pretty nice. I then do the maintenance wash with the Zaino wash, then a Z2 or Z5 application and then a Z16 (spray) gloss application.

While the car comes out looking pretty good, I have noticed a few things:

1. When I am done, there is oily coating on the surface, which leaves odd looking marks and streaks. I am guessing this is the silicon based product in the polishes, but it doesn't leave for a nice shine.

**Just a note. The times I have washed the car (3 times I think now) it has been in mid-day sunlight. The paint is VERY hot to the touch. Now, the zaino product (I think Z2) says it can be applied in direct sun, but maybe this is causing the problem. I am going to do the next application early evening (6 or 7 pm) to see how that comes out.

2. This thing is a dirt magnet. 2 days after a 4 hour Zaino session it is covered in a nice layer of dust. I remember waxing my black ranger with some "car polish 2000" or something. It was harder to apply and remove, but dirt didn't stick to it.

3. The leather treatment sucks. I use an applicator pad to apply it to the seats, steering wheel, etc. It looks great when first applied, but 5 mins and it drys and it is splochy. Some parts are light and dry, some are dark.

4. The wheel treatment, while not leaving a residue like some other goops, doesn't leave a shine for very long.

Any comments on these items would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2001, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have the same problem with the dust after 2 days.
Old 06-13-2001, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

For the dust, just pick up a California Duster. You can run it over the entire car in about a minute
Old 06-13-2001, 01:02 PM

Default I thought about that...

But I have received so negative feedback on scratches left by the duster.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Zaino does not contain sillicone but the oily..

feel is common with anti swirle polishes. Try using Z2 after the Z5 application has set over night.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Are you maybe thinking about the California Water Blade?

I've never heard of anyone getting scratches from the Duster, but I have heard that about the Water Blade. I've personally never gotten scratches from either product. I'd say use common sense with the duster...If your car is filthy, don't bother using the Duster, but if there's just a light coating of dust that isn't stuck on, it will do a great job.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:05 PM

Default Ok...(more)

I thought it was Silicone based?

Only reason for no Z2 (or Z5, whichever can't be appled in the sun, black bottle) is because I have only done the maintenance washes in the sun, due to space availability. I will try the second application in 2 weeks and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:07 PM

Default No...

The duster.. I use the blade religiously when I wash. I have used a duster before on previous cars with no problem ( that I can recall ) but then again, I am so paranoid about this car. Maybe I will give it a try and see what happens. I can always rub them out.

Obivouly common sense rules =)
Old 06-13-2001, 01:07 PM

Default I think I remember reading...

...that the oily result was the wax not being dry enough when you started to remove it. This could be from putting too much on or not waiting long enough. I've put it on in the following conditions:

(1) midsummer maryland day, 95 degrees high humidity
(2) strangely cool august day, 65 low humidity windy
(3) standard spring, 65 degrees ok humidity no wind

and not seen the oily result.

Dont know about the rest, other than I never put anything on the tires other than perhaps a swish with Lexol Vinylex. I recommend Lexol's leather stuff over anything else I've tried.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:08 PM

Default Lexol Leather..

Any pics of the results? What type of finish does it leave?

I am looking for something not too shiny, but that will make the leather look new, a little shine, and consistent.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Zaino Comments