TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Exhaust Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Ideas

2.0T S-Line TT ordered in March, should be here in July. Are there any other 3.2 style exhaust solutions other then Milltek? I like this style as I'll be able to use the OEM rear valance. But, I want to see what, if anything, else is out there.

Regards,
John
Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not really aware of any readily available in the US, there are some from Europe

but not sure if they have any distributors in the US.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default On second thought, Oettinger has a version....I attached their link

<ul><li><a href="http://www.oettingeramerica.com/">http://www.oettingeramerica.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I have the Milltek quad tip turbo back exhaust and really like it

The quality of the materials (stainless steel) is excellent, the fit was perfect and the sound is great. Driving around "normal" it isn't much louder than stock. But when you put your foot into it, it does get a little louder but never excessive. There is no drone at any speed and on the hwy at 75 mph the loudest sound is still the wind noise by the window.

And, my highway mpg when on cruise at 65 mph has gone up from 35 to almost 40 after adding the exhaust and the APR 91 octane tune
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks For The Replies

Thanks for the good word. I'm especially happy to hear that there is no drone from the Milltek setup. I'm a little too old to put up with that stuff now. I'm thinking about ordering the system from Stratmosphere.

Question about the quad set up and the Oettinger rear piece. Will that work w/ the S-Line upper bumper? I understand it is different from the standard bumper.

Anyone see the Audi Accessory piece from Europe? I'll see if I can find a pic. It looks like a DTM piece.

Regards,
John
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Remus has an axel back...

which is a straight thru muffler with tips. The TBE that are out are very expensive and I believe the same diameter piping as stock so you really only need to change the cats and muffler. I made a deal with Remus for their axel back for 20% off and free shipping for a review for their site. Once they do that I will see if I can cut out the 2 cats and put in a highflow one.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Remus has an axel back...

Interesting. Where can I check this out? Any drone?

Regards,
John
Old 05-22-2008, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It will be about 2 weeks before it comes in...

will let you know when I get it installed. You can check out their site.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The Milltek is a 3" system so its not just a matter of replacing the

muffler and tips, plus I have the performance down pipe and catalytic convertor.

I'm not sure but I thought I saw in the Oettinger ad that their quad tip valance won't fit the S-line bumper.

There are other companies out there that offer carbon fiber valances or you can just modify your stock valance like I did.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: The Milltek is a 3" system so its not just a matter of replacing the

What performance gains did you notice from the entire system? Did you happen to dyno?

I was concerned about the Oettinger piece not working. I'll most likely just use the OEM S-Line 3.2 piece, at least initially. I'd really like to have them in CF but don't feel like laying dowm $1,200+ for the Euro front and rear. I may hold out out another month to see if anyone else comes up with a solution.

Regards,
John

Quick Reply: Exhaust Ideas