TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Finally a TT worth driving!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a TT worth driving!

I drove the new TT for the first time yesterday. What an improvement over the first generation TT. The original TT felt like an overpriced new Beatle. Sure it had great styling and fancy stamped aluminum cover over the radio (which I could never figure out what purpose it served) but it drove like an economy car. The new car has an all new character that is so much more fun. The styling is still great and the interior is another example of Audi's dominance in this department. Sure there are a couple of pieces that look like aluminum but aren't. The interior design in general is still better than the original in terms of comfort and functionality. I will trade aesthetic aluminum in the interior for functional aluminum in the structure any day. The new TT undoubtedly cost more to manufacture than the re-skinned golf that they use to sell. I have got my name on a loaded 3.2 s-tronic coming in Monday or Tuesday. I would have never considered owning the first generation TT, but I can't wait to get my hands on the new one.

Great job Audi!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's going to be interesting to see Everso's reply! LOL.... BTW, G R8... congrats on the new car!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Congrats. Post pics when you get it.

It's interesting to hear a review from someone who has driven both cars. I never drove the old one. The reviews from the likes of the folks at Top Gear and Fifth Gear didn't allow it to peak my interest even though it looked cool on first impression when it came out. After hearing what the same folks started to say about the new one though I was more interested and I have to concur after my test drive. The real world track numbers starting to accumulate bear this out as well. Can't wait to get mine.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*sigh*
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts
Default It almost seems like he's trying to insult the original while praising the new one

And people wonder why this board is so much more hostile than the MK1.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default It's no different than some of the reviews by Mk1 owners...

where they rag on the new one while praising the old one. The comparison is always going to be initially between the two variants of the same model and people that prefer the new one will tend to point out the better driving characteristics while those that like the old one point out what they perceive to be better about it.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the sound of someone not really into these cars...

the MK1 was about as linked to to the Golf as the MK2 is linked to the Golf. No change there......but obviously you would know VERY little about that anyhow...

not much substance in your review...maybe head back to the magazine stand and look for centrefolds of supercars eh?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the difference is...we OWN a TT...we can compare...

many others on here DO NOT, and yet they still compare.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default you don't have to OWN a car to offer an opinion on the comparison

If that were the case then auto journalists and reviewers would be out of a job. The poster in this case said he had driven both cars and I don't have any reason to doubt him.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default there's a difference between opinons and facts..

the MK2 fanpeople seem to state MK1 "opinions" as if they are facts....and the majority of the time they are off....WHY?

if the MK2 had a proper PROPER identity, a comparison wouldn't be the primary direction most reviews head in...on this forum AND in magazines it seems.

Quick Reply: Finally a TT worth driving!