TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Getting ready to order 3.2 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I mean...who drives at night!!!?!?!!!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Get both Mag and Xenon but if you can't do both... MAG RIDE for sure...

It's a blast on twisty roads...
Old 08-19-2007, 06:54 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Honest opinion...drop the enhanced interior. Unless you absolutely hate the alcantara seats,

or if you are going with magma red.

I've seen both in basic black and you have to explain in detail to a passenger what exactly is "enhanced". Definitely doesn't seem worth $1100. I'd pick xenons for the same reasons others have stated.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I disagree, I really think the enhanced adds an upscale feel to the interior
Old 08-19-2007, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

If you do most driving during the day, and little at night, skip the xenons. Better?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Choose your focus first - style, comfort, or performance (long)

If you're not a performance driver, I'd think hard about a 2.0t without mag ride...it is a truly great engine and would save a ton of money. If your night vision is good or excellent, the halogens are probably fine for you - most of the world gets by without xenons.

FWIW, here are the options on my 3.2 6MT and the reasons I chose them:

3.2/6MT: My first choice would have been 2.0t/6MT/quattro, but that won't be offered for awhile. I chose the manual because I like using both hands and both feet to control a car - it's just more fun to me. I had a 2004 TT Coupe 3.2 with the flappy paddles and it was tons of fun and very capable (won the 2004 TT East autocross with it - and it was stock), but just not as much fun for me as having a clutch. Quattro is fun, especially exiting corners hard and in inclement conditions. You can make quattro even more fun with a Haldex controller, which runs about $1000 and gives you three options, including one which doesn't disable the quattro under braking...I'm looking forward to some more oversteer when my controller arrives.

Ice Silver Paint: I wanted a metallic/pearl finish since it hides fine scratches better than the solid paints, and picked the one that matches best with the exclusive crimson interior

Exclusive interior in Crimson: I'm a sucker for red interiors and two-color seats. I spend most of my time with the TT inside it, so I picked this over the S-Line package.

Magnetic Ride: I like to autocross my car and go to the occasional track event. The magnetic ride in sport mode keeps the car significantly flatter (especially the heavier 3.2) in the corners, which is critical to predictable high speed cornering. I could have chosen an aftermarket suspension, but then I wouldn't have the option of switching off the sport mode and having a comfortable ride when I want it.

Xenon headlights: I like xenons because my night vision isn't all that great. The xenons let you see the color of things much better than other types of headlights. And for my abbynormal brain, seeing the color helps me to sort what I'm seeing more quickly than without it.

18" 7-spokers with summer performance tire: I like the looks of the 7 spokers best - I sold my '07 RS4 and know what a nuisance those split spoke wheels in S-Line package are to clean. I live in Alabama and have no need for all season tires or the always much heavier run-flats.

Bluetooth: It's fun and a little safer to talk on the phone and drive without having to hold your phone.

Skipped: Audio Package: Maybe my hearing is going, but the stock radio sounded at least as good as the Bose to me.

Skipped: Navigation System: The Nav system is fun and very well integrated into the car. But, just like the one on my previous Audi, in the car is where it stays. If I feel the need for nav again, I'll buy one that I can mount in the car and put in my pocket when I feel like using it somewhere other than in my Audi...and spend about 1/8th the price

Skipped: IPOD link: I'm IPOD illiterate...I'm an old dog and still buy and put music on CDs.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:46 PM

Default I agree. You cant just think about it as seating surfaces only...the leather on the dash, doors etc.

are very nice and give a great look and detail that of a Porsche.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: I agree. You cant just think about it as seating surfaces only...the leather on the dash, doors

Yeah, initially, I thought I could pass up on the leather upgrade, but I hate the plastic that you get on the instrument cluster and other parts of the cockpit.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ignore everyone here... go with your gut feeling!

People here are so full of personal opinions you won't be able to get a true unbiased opinion. I say go with your gut... because if you listened to everyone here you will end up not getting the car altogether because someone doesn't like something for some stupid reason!

Quick Reply: Getting ready to order 3.2 6mt