TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2016 TT - seats coming apart!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kate Johnston
Yeah.... going to the dealer on Monday for them to fix it.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at my dealer today to replace the clips on the door side of both seats. They thought they had the parts, but discovered that they also have to replace the side bolster air bags, because the clips are stronger and the air bag has to break through. So still waiting. I will post more when replaced.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that side air bags do NOT have to be replaced. Either you misunderstood or your dealer is feeding you a line on why they have to keep the car. It's a replacement of trim pieces and nothing more. My car took just over an hour for the entire repair...this is really very simply to fix.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine was completed last week as noted in above post.

All four sides with "new" version parts. No mention of air bags.

Ed
Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For reply #22, above I had the repair done last week under warranty. The repair spanned 2 days and involved removal of the seats from the car. Paraphrased from the service order:

Service tech ordered parts via TSB # 2042470. Parts received did not include updated side impact airbags. Contacted TAC and was advised need to do updated airbags. Ordered parts. Removed each seat to install new airbag and left & right side trims. Insured seats work correctly. No TSB available.

I have had no problems in the week since the repair was completed. And I have no problem with process as I was kept informed of what was happening along the way. BTW, I do not know what TAC is, but I guess official Audi service consulting group.

The Service Advisor said the side trims were reinforced and stronger, thus the airbag replacement. Not much more I can say, this was my experience.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mine still isn't fixed, 2 separate visits to the dealer have both ended with me really annoyed. The last visit I actually waited at the dealership for 4 hours so they could replace the seat parts. After 2 hours they realised they didn't have the parts that the computer told them were onsite but they didn't tell me that until 2 hours after that, they claim they didn't know I was waiting. IT WAS WRITTEN ON THE SHEET IN BIG LETTERS THAT I WAS WAITING. They have apologised and offered to collect my car from my office, fix the seats (3rd attempt) and then drop the car back. I will ensure that they physically sight the parts and check them off before they come and collect the car. Amateurs!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So I'm pretty confused....it seems some people are getting new trim, while others are getting new trim AND airbags. So which is it?!?!?!

Numerous owners have gotten the trim replaced quite some time ago, so are we now driving in cars in which the side air bags will not deploy properly? There has to be some clarity on this issue, otherwise Audi has fix a number of cars in a way that will impend the airbags from functional properly and hasn't said anything to the owners....which seems hard to believe.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My dealer (Rusnak Audi, Westlake Village, CA) replaced clips on both sides, so 4 pieces. Only two had separated but they were instructed to do all 4. No air bags effected.

had my car for one day and provided a Q5 loaner.

Ed
Old 03-30-2017, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
So I'm pretty confused....it seems some people are getting new trim, while others are getting new trim AND airbags. So which is it?!?!?!

Numerous owners have gotten the trim replaced quite some time ago, so are we now driving in cars in which the side air bags will not deploy properly? There has to be some clarity on this issue, otherwise Audi has fix a number of cars in a way that will impend the airbags from functional properly and hasn't said anything to the owners....which seems hard to believe.
Could it be those with bolsters in the seats? (not the safety airbags)
Old 03-31-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fun101
Could it be those with bolsters in the seats? (not the safety airbags)
Ahhhhhh.....good idea. Maybe we should be clarifying if TTS owners with the movable bolsters require new airbags, while TT owners without that function only require the new panels.

Quick Reply: 2016 TT - seats coming apart!