TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

2019 TT RS Order Status

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 09:26 AM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bi11r
Yes. Actual email from Audi Communications.
Thank you for this detailed answer.

OK, then something funny is going on, why did some of us only receive the first welcome email? I really thought this program was defunct now.

Last edited by flg; 04-21-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flg
Thank you for this detailed answer.

OK, then something fumy is going on, why did some of us only received the first welcome email? I really thought this program was defunct now.
Seems to be a buggy system. I didn't receive the welcome email. This is the first one that I got.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Unfortunately, Audi's "Owner in Waiting" e-mail program is virtually useless. Of the 5 cars I special ordered, I rarely got any information except canned e-mails & those were rarely anywhere near accurate.
Best way is to have your sales rep periodically run your Comm #, however the ETAs it shows are extensively "padded". As someone else said, it's hard to predict how long a car will sit at the factory or at Emden but once a vessel is assigned (as shown on the Comm # report) you can fairly easily track it across the Atlantic & see exactly when it arrives at your port. From there, time to your dealer can depend on several things such as port Installed accessories, method of transportation to your dealer, etc.
Nothing you can do to speed it up but it's fun to try & "will" it across the ocean faster .
If it gives any encouragement, my Q8 arrived almost a month before the ETA shown on the Comm report & so far it looks like my TTS is running close to that.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My RS production was complete on March 22. The latest update I have shows an actual ship departure date of April 2. My ETA Dealer Delivery is 6/4/19 to 6/14/19. That seems like an really long time. So here's a few things I found:

Check out the image...I found this vessel that left Emden on April 2 and arrived in the port of Halifax on April 16th. I'm 99.9% certain my RS was on "das boot".

It begs the question, why then will it take until June to get here in Toronto? There has been some press after the RS was showcased at the NY Car Show (how about that green?). In one article, it stated that the 2019 TT RS will hit the Canadian dealerships in June which is in line with my new dates provided. So....I asked a reliable source about the timeline of my delivery since it's already in port. He said they are usually pretty conservative in the estimates and often the cars arrive ahead of schedule from these print outs. However, (and this is most likely) when a car is a new model or in this case, a refreshed model, it's likely they are holding them back until there are enough cars to supply one to each dealership at roughly the same time so that it's fair to all the dealers. (I'm talking Canada - not sure about the US.) Sold cars take priority in terms of getting to their destination but it sounds like we're all under the umbrella of a "release".

So for those that are being told it's a 3 month wait - that may still be true once this release has happened.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a May delivery!!!

Old 04-21-2019, 12:31 PM
flg
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Really appreciate all the very informative answers we got here today, this has been a very informative Easter Sunday at AudiWorld forums.

Here is the current VW Logistics vessel schedule out of Emden, you can get future updates from this site:

VW Export Schedule for Emden
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Volkswagen_Export_Schedule.pdf (45.6 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun101
My RS production was complete on March 22. The latest update I have shows an actual ship departure date of April 2. My ETA Dealer Delivery is 6/4/19 to 6/14/19.
My build that was completed March 29 that got shipped April 17 also have the exact same date. So this is definitely Audi Canada holding these cars at the port and releasing it together later.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Dealer just told me the factory has my order, with the build to be complete first week in June and arrival early mid July. Psyched!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Picking up my 2019 TTRS Saturday April 27th, the vehicle arrived this week from the Halifax port in Canada. I had placed my order back in August 2018. Based in Onatrio Canada - Cant wait...
Old 04-26-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttrs1965
Picking up my 2019 TTRS Saturday April 27th, the vehicle arrived this week from the Halifax port in Canada. I had placed my order back in August 2018. Based in Onatrio Canada - Cant wait...
OMG! That's outstanding news! I do hope that means I'll be getting a similar update. The order created for mine was March 2018 (for a dealer inventory order). Can you share what dealership or send a PM?

Cheers!
Old 04-26-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ttrs1965
Wow, really!? When didn't the vehicle actually arrive at the port do you know? I can't wait for mine, I ordered in April 2018 believe it or not. But mine's in Audi exclusive color so completed probably 2 weeks behind. Mine should be coming into Halifax port today.

Quick Reply: 2019 TT RS Order Status