TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

APR Plus TTRS 2018??? Anyone actually done it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Default APR Plus TTRS 2018??? Anyone actually done it?

Has anyone here had their TTRS APR Plus'd? Actual people with cars....not speculators or naysayers? I need a warranty. I think that 60 hp and especially the 100 ft pd torque would be noticeable. And I bet the throttle response, etc is better than stock? Looking for real life testimonials as the tent preachers say!

I will have the car for 3 years so I also wonder if it will affect resale at all? I doubt it-very mild tune.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

*Any* tune will negatively affect your resale cost. Best thing to do is just go for the tune that you think will give you the best blend of enjoyment and reliability. People buying the car will only see that it's been performance tuned, after that it kind of doesn't matter.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
Has anyone here had their TTRS APR Plus'd? Actual people with cars....not speculators or naysayers? I need a warranty. I think that 60 hp and especially the 100 ft pd torque would be noticeable. And I bet the throttle response, etc is better than stock? Looking for real life testimonials as the tent preachers say!

I will have the car for 3 years so I also wonder if it will affect resale at all? I doubt it-very mild tune.
Todd -

I have had several previous TT's with APR tunes and have had no impact on resale value by removing the tunes prior to service and reinstalling afterwards thus avoiding the dreaded TD1 flag on the car's record. Considered APR Plus on the current car until I discovered that any covered warranty work must be done by the APR dealer which in my case is a part time one man shop thus making it unacceptable.

Mike M.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by McTTRS
Todd -

I have had several previous TT's with APR tunes and have had no impact on resale value by removing the tunes prior to service and reinstalling afterwards thus avoiding the dreaded TD1 flag on the car's record. Considered APR Plus on the current car until I discovered that any covered warranty work must be done by the APR dealer which in my case is a part time one man shop thus making it unacceptable.

Mike M.

Yes, I read that too....I've been to the one closest to me and quite frankly, the place was junky and cars everywhere....not sure I'd like my car there. It's more info to consideration. Thanks.

Edit: I just remember....it's not that close to me but the Audi dealership in Jacksonville, Fl is a APR plus dealer, they are little more than hour from me. Wish mine would get into it...mine is only 20 miles from me.

Last edited by GaBoYnFla; 12-23-2018 at 05:58 AM.