TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

From a GT-R to a TT RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. So unitronic is not the standard? I was going to tune with stage 1+ for the amazing gains they showed.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BRKNJMPR
Great comparison!

Before you start tuning or mod'ing your car you should really check out Iroz Motorsport in LasVegas, they are really doing some next level work and have left their competitors in the proverbial dust. They have lots of videos on youtube and Malaka does some great videos on their builds. I was on the Unitronic train and running their 1+ tune but have since moved on and am way happier with Iroz/CCI tuning.

Cheers!
Please tell us the difference between the two tunes
Old 05-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would love to know also, no sense in doing somthing twice if not needed thanks
Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

If you are new to Audi you should look into APR Tuning.....while they have been working on putting out TT RS components it might be worth the look or wait. I have stage 1 on my TT and it's pretty freaking amazing with zero issues.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ZTTRS
I did ride in a magnetic ride TTRS, and it was smooth, the Fixed RS feels tighter but not rough by ANY means. Very civil. Coming from the GTR it felt like a touring car when not pushed. I love the RS suspension

The nice thing about the Magride is the fact that you can keep it and fine tune your suspension with the addition of an MSSkit suspension setup, this also make the ride height adjustable. Check out this thread on MSSkit & Magride.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZTTRS
I did ride in a magnetic ride TTRS, and it was smooth, the Fixed RS feels tighter but not rough by ANY means. Very civil. Coming from the GTR it felt like a touring car when not pushed. I love the RS suspension
Thanks for the reply. I am hopefully test driving a 2018 TTRS this weekend (if it is still available at the dealership) and it has the fixed sport suspension. I would also, in the future, like to compare it to a magnetic ride version and see which I prefer. I think my pavement around my home is bad enough that I will want the magnetic ride if I go with the TTRS but I will know more once I get some seat time.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattRG
Thanks for the reply. I am hopefully test driving a 2018 TTRS this weekend (if it is still available at the dealership) and it has the fixed sport suspension. I would also, in the future, like to compare it to a magnetic ride version and see which I prefer. I think my pavement around my home is bad enough that I will want the magnetic ride if I go with the TTRS but I will know more once I get some seat time.
My new RS has the fixed sport suspension--it is firm but not jarring and I think very well balanced. Both my wife and I feel it is way smoother than my prior 997 911 which I used to keep in the sport suspension setting (the comfort setting on the 911 was too floaty). I didn't get a chance to cross compare with the mag ride due to limited stock of RS's, have had mag ride in other cars and it is certainly nice. But I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the fixed suspension.

Also don't discount the goodness of the carbon ceramic brakes in the Dynamic package--great brake feel and, if they prove to be like my 911's ones, little to no brake dust. As someone who hates a dirty wheel it saves a lot of work when cleaning the car!
Old 05-16-2018, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah wheel cleaning is a PITA so the carbon ceramic brakes definitely have that going for them. I've certainly owned and tolerated stiff sport suspensions before in both my previous 987 Boxster and BMW 1 series but I definitely prefer some compliance for everyday comfort. Once I get a chance to try both I will know more.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Good thing I opted for the Carbon ceramic brakes🙌
Old 05-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

the carbon ceramics are a thing of beauty on this car. The car stops on a penny!

So far having this car now for a bit further confirms my decision to have purchased it. Its an upgrade in every single way damn near.

Does anyone other than KNN or BMC make a an air filter yet?

Quick Reply: From a GT-R to a TT RS