TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Parking Assist

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parking Assist

I am pretty sure the front proximity sensors on my 2016 TTS would come on automatically if I was in a typical slow maneuvering situation without having to switch the parking assist on. i.e. If I was about to pull forward into a parking spot and slowed right down as I approached the car or wall in front of the spot, the ultrasonic sensors would detect the obstacle and I'd get the expected beeping to warn me.

However, in my new TT RS I have noticed this is no longer the case. If I am reversing it works as expected, because shifting into reverse activates the system/camera, which does also include the front sensors, but without shifting into reverse, the front sensors do not appear to activate automatically during parking.

Again, pretty sure they did in the outgoing car. Anybody else in a similar ownership situation that can confirm or deny either the current behavior or my recollection of the previous?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes, the TTS parking assist sensor tones are auto-on as you describe and per the MMI setup. Perhaps same for TTRS but just not as yet customized to your desired setting? They may have been factory set to auto-on in MY2016 but not in MY2019?

Originally Posted by Lolster
I am pretty sure the front proximity sensors on my 2016 TTS would come on automatically if I was in a typical slow maneuvering situation without having to switch the parking assist on. i.e. If I was about to pull forward into a parking spot and slowed right down as I approached the car or wall in front of the spot, the ultrasonic sensors would detect the obstacle and I'd get the expected beeping to warn me.

However, in my new TT RS I have noticed this is no longer the case. If I am reversing it works as expected, because shifting into reverse activates the system/camera, which does also include the front sensors, but without shifting into reverse, the front sensors do not appear to activate automatically during parking.

Again, pretty sure they did in the outgoing car. Anybody else in a similar ownership situation that can confirm or deny either the current behavior or my recollection of the previous?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Huey52
Yes, the TTS parking assist sensor tones are auto-on as you describe and per the MMI setup. Perhaps same for TTRS but just not as yet customized to your desired setting? They may have been factory set to auto-on in MY2016 but not in MY2019?
Thanks. I did check MMI but maybe I missed it somehow. I will take another look.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks. I did check MMI but maybe I missed it somehow. I will take another look.
My front ones are hit or miss on activating. Depending on what's in front of me. Also, the 2019 TTRS lacks the forward facing camera for active cruise control and speed sign detection, and I wonder if this camera assisted with front detention too.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I believe this thread is similar and may have some answers: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...-plus-2973849/
Old 07-17-2019, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2019 owner here.... Every time I go into my garage, I have to turn them on... It is insanely annoying. The car will happily "bump" into my green bin (rubber) without making so much as a peep.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Mine has never done auto-on. Just as well, it's annoyed me in traffic in my loaners.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by macaddict111
Mine has never done auto-on. Just as well, it's annoyed me in traffic in my loaners.
The odd thing is, I've never once had it do that in traffic, it only came on during parking.

It totally makes sense it might though, so I have no clue how that worked.