TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT RS red leather?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Here is a link to info dated 2016

Originally Posted by farmerjones
Do you have a link/PDF about exactly what options are available for exclusive orders on a TT? It's insane Audi dropped the Design Select colors for 18...an exclusive order would be my only option. But can you tell me how this owner got these seats ordered? Seriously, the lack of interior color choices is a likely reason I will change brands. I thought initially we saw pre-launch info on RS models that included yellow and red and some "cloud/cirrus" option listed, and they even showed two-ton photos of a color-on-black seat....and now it seems this magically disappeared. Listen up Audi - grey and black are not sporty, and you are being lazy and cheap, give customers what they want (even at a reasonable uncharge. We will gladly write you a check for more color options)
Here it is:

https://pictures.dealer.com/fletcher...168dd81e46.pdf

I don't understand why Audi is so secretive about what "exclusive" gets for you. Almost everything on the Audi USA site about exclusive just says "see the dealer". I've heard conflicting stories that while the link indicates that many things are possible, certain paints, leathers, etc are not available on all Audi models. Guess they feel if you are interested in spending an extra 10% or so on the car, you will ask the dealer. Frankly, given the secrecy of what is offered, I would not trust that even the dealer knows for sure.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

That's my concern as well. In fact the documentation you kindly provided still cites "...for your vehicle" and "see Audi partner." Why such a mystery?

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
... Frankly, given the secrecy of what is offered, I would not trust that even the dealer knows for sure.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
That's my concern as well. In fact the documentation you kindly provided still cites "...for your vehicle" and "see Audi partner." Why such a mystery?
All Audi Sport dealers have samples of all of the exterior colors, and interior carpet, leather, Alcantara, etc. colors.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 250 Likes on 212 Posts
Default I've never found an Audi salesman that knows as much about TTs as I do

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
All Audi Sport dealers have samples of all of the exterior colors, and interior carpet, leather, Alcantara, etc. colors.
Whether new or used, they are all clueless. One reason is that there are just so many models and trims in Audi's lineup that it would be impossible to know everything. Couple that with the fact that the TT follows the R8 as the smallest car sales in the US, so salesman get few chances to sell one. Then you have the complete idiots like the one I had that told me the compass display in the rear view mirror was indicating outside wind direction.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whether new or used, they are all clueless. One reason is that there are just so many models and trims in Audi's lineup that it would be impossible to know everything. Couple that with the fact that the TT follows the R8 as the smallest car sales in the US, so salesman get few chances to sell one. Then you have the complete idiots like the one I had that told me the compass display in the rear view mirror was indicating outside wind direction.

You are right i called 3 audi dealers, and got 3 different answers in regards to getting red leather, they have no clue, and are too lazy to find out
Old 09-16-2017, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for sharing this document....still doesn't really tell me what options are available for TT, just one example and to "see your dealer". It seems this program would be more utilized if people were not so frustrated by not know what's available and just give up on ordering exclusive. I know I certainly would like to see FOR MY MODEL what interior trim, stitching and two-tone seat combinatntions are available. Does it come down to if you write them a check and sign the purchase order THEN you can get serious with an Audi rep that will show you your choices? Since this is my first Audi I'm finding out they are not really providing any different level of service than any other luxury brand, and that's a shame.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for sharing this document....still doesn't really tell me what options are available for TT, just one example and to "see your dealer". It seems this program would be more utilized if people were not so frustrated by not know what's available and just give up on ordering exclusive. I know I certainly would like to see FOR MY MODEL what interior trim, stitching and two-tone seat combinatntions are available. Does it come down to if you write them a check and sign the purchase order THEN you can get serious with an Audi rep that will show you your choices? Since this is my first Audi I'm finding out they are not really providing any different level of service than any other luxury brand, and that's a shame.
Take a look at this doc. At the end there are the TT RS Exclusive options.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2018 Audi Exclusive.pdf (1.88 MB, 606 views)
Old 09-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
And $3,900 to get an "exclusive" exterior color like silver to go with the quintessential staid black interior. Although Porsche GT silver would be nice.

I'm really kicking myself for not doing this, both the interior and exterior packages...Its a lot of money up front but I think I would be happy for a long time which is good value of $/Smiles.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

So exclusive is only for the RS, I couldn't order a TT or TTS exclusive?
Old 09-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

So exclusive is only for the RS, I couldn't order a TT or TTS exclusive?

If you look at the PDF above, it certainly doesn't look that way...Not even for the RS3.

Quick Reply: TT RS red leather?