TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Un-held

Mine arrived on the Primrose Ace in Jacksonville in 12/18 and did get a "quality hold" last week. The 12/26 update was the hold had been lifted. Still waiting on final confirmation that it has been released to the carrier.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Port hold?

My TTRS is on the Siem Cicero which was due to dock in Davisville R.I.
around the 31st. Today I checked and the ship has changed course and is going to South America, then back to England before heading back to R.I. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer for my car.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

More rumors/details on the Port Hold for the RS3 and TTRS's...

(My car, on GOODWOOD, should be arriving into Houston in an hour or so...! And then held in port for eternity...)

Last edited by BlackOptic; 12-28-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bah humbug. Car is still being held at the port.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RS4saloondrivr
My TTRS is on the Siem Cicero which was due to dock in Davisville R.I.
around the 31st. Today I checked and the ship has changed course and is going to South America, then back to England before heading back to R.I. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer for my car.
That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you are tracking the right car on the right ship?

As an update. I talked to my dealer, who confirmed yesterday my TT RS is in port. Still waiting to be invoiced to my dealer. It now shows up with a price in their dealer website. We don't know yet whether it is affected by the Port Hold.

Overall, here is the timeline so far. The crossing took 21 days from Emden to Houston.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
More rumors/details on the Port Hold for the RS3 and TTRS's...

(My car, on GOODWOOD, should be arriving into Houston in an hour or so...! And then held in port for eternity...)

Unfortunatly part of this update is the removal of the pops n bangs that were on all the press cars and the early European release cars. There's lots of documented complaints online about our European friends going in for service and coming out with a far less fun sounding car.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by trichards
Unfortunatly part of this update is the removal of the pops n bangs...
Well, at least this will make my wife happier to drive with me!!! :-) (She has a low opinion on obnoxious/loud cars.)

Last edited by BlackOptic; 01-02-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

well, i guess thats one silver lining ! There is talk of another class action suite against audi for a bait and switch in advertising.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Siem Cicero

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you are tracking the right car on the right ship?

As an update. I talked to my dealer, who confirmed yesterday my TT RS is in port. Still waiting to be invoiced to my dealer. It now shows up with a price in their dealer website. We don't know yet whether it is affected by the Port Hold.

Overall, here is the timeline so far. The crossing took 21 days from Emden to Houston.

I've been tracking the Siem Cicero since it left Emden. For a few days the tracker showed it changing course but then the tracker showed it heading toward RI again. It should arrive in RI today. I'm sure my car is on that ship but I'm taking delivery in Wisconsin so I think my car will be unloaded in Houston. It's getting close.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RS4saloondrivr
For a few days the tracker showed it changing course but then the tracker showed it heading toward RI again. It should arrive in RI today.
Yes, seems like those "future course" trackers aren't the most reliable - my ship was going to do a swing up the East River of Manhattan!?! Here... You can watch your boat leaving here. http://www.warmwinds.com/surf-cam/

As for the Port Hold...
I got a "no-update-update" email back from Audi CXC's Vincenzo yesterday (Jan 2) ...pretty much saying he's backed up with zillions of emails requesting an update on TTRS's and RS3's... He's attempting to get to the bottom of it, but no info on the "why" or the "when" (in my case).

Last edited by BlackOptic; 01-03-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Quick Reply: TT/TTS/TTRS Ordering Timeline - post yours!