Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Fuel filler protector with 19"+ wheels ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel filler protector with 19"+ wheels ...

I was browsing for 19" wheels at one of the Audi web sites and I believe I read somewhere that if the stock car had 18" wheels and if one wants to upgrade to 19" or 20" wheels, a part needs to be installed to protect the fuel filler hose (or something like that).

If the stock car has 19" or larger wheels, then the part is already installed at the factory.

For the life of me, I cannot find the web page again. Does someone know what part that is?

I'm getting the stock suspension replaced with Audi sports suspension, but keeping my 18" for now. Will upgrade the wheels in a couple of years. but want to get the part installed when the suspension work is being done so I don't have to worry about it when I do upgrade the wheels.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Havannah_C7
I was browsing for 19" wheels at one of the Audi web sites and I believe I read somewhere that if the stock car had 18" wheels and if one wants to upgrade to 19" or 20" wheels, a part needs to be installed to protect the fuel filler hose (or something like that).

If the stock car has 19" or larger wheels, then the part is already installed at the factory.

For the life of me, I cannot find the web page again. Does someone know what part that is?

I'm getting the stock suspension replaced with Audi sports suspension, but keeping my 18" for now. Will upgrade the wheels in a couple of years. but want to get the part installed when the suspension work is being done so I don't have to worry about it when I do upgrade the wheels.
I would look in the forum for your specific model. This is the first I have heard of this. When doing plus 1 or 2 on wheels the important factor is to keep the outside diameter of the tires the same so it would not be a height issue only a width issue as the aspect ratio of the tire has to change as the wheel gets bigger. Tire Rack has a listing of the tire sizes that work in the +1,+2 sizes. If you follow their guidelines you should be fine.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Finally!!, Found it. I was going nuts ...

Here's the text from the Audi Parts e-Store with the information:

Vehicles with factory-fitted wheels up to 18" require the additional installation of a protective cover on the fuel filler pipe. The protective cover is already fitted to vehicles with factory fitted wheels of 19" or larger.
Protective cover part number: 4G0201974

URL: https://parts.audiusa.com/audiparts/...intvehid=18979
Old 06-26-2015, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

And, to clarify, I drive a 2015 Havanna Black A6, 2.0 quattro Premium

I need to figure out how to add a signature to my profile ...
Old 07-14-2015, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Update - just brought my car back after the suspension swap, and was told that my car already had the part in question installed from the factory. The tech acknowledged that some 2015 C7s with 18" wheels do not have this part installed from the factory.

So, the bottom line is, it depends.

My car's build date was 07 14.