Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Account #: 153238

Default Front bumper "popped" out of place...any ideas how to fix it?

I was backed into recently (I think...this happened when I wasn't around) and luckily there was no real damage to my car, however, my bumper was pushed in slightly toward the middle and bowed out slightly under each headlight. In the first picture below you can see the bumper awkwardly sticking out from under the headlight and in the second picture you can see the how the inside corner of the headlight is no longer flush with the bumper, but rather, it sticks out slightly.

I tried pulling on the bumper gently (and eventually pretty forcefully) hoping that it would "pop" back into place, but I was unsuccessful. I was a VW enthusiast for many years so I'm familiar with removing bumpers, however, I don't live in an area with the space to do easily do such a thing. Short of going to a body shop, does anyone have any suggestions as to how this could be remedied?
bpollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Account #: 72736

Default Re: Front bumper "popped" out of place...any ideas how to fix it?

Pulling the headlight is relatively easy and that may provide you with the view you need to see what can be popped back into place.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 75221

Default time to get the tools out.

GIAC FX ~ AWE exhaust ~ APR TIP w/ samco boost hoses ~ K&N ~ Koni/neuspeed suspension ~ 18" fliks/BF Gdrch SS A/S ~ APR snub mount ~ B&M SS ~ podi ~ RS4 pedals ~ 3.0 front brakes ~ hawk pads all around ~ european xenon headlights ~ black out grill trims ~ painted front bumper w/ zender add-ons ~ S4 door blades and rear bumper ~ ebay spoiler ~ 40% tint

<a href="http://www.dvagonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507">the history of my car
</a>
heateris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
Account #: 153238

Default So removing then reinstalling my bumper is the only option?

bpollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a4, audi, back, bowed, bumper, fender, fix, fixing, front, headlight, outofplace, place, popped, pops, repairing, slightly