A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2011 A4 Phone Not Installed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't all that important after driving the car and based on the TEL button on the Concert III and telephone button and Internet ad stating it had the feature, I didn't think to try it out. Now that the deal is done, I'm looking for a way to make Bluetooth hands free calls and listen to podcasts and music.

I've found an enticing option on Amazon that takes both BT from the phone and an aux input and has an FM transmitter that also sends the text info to a full frequency range.

"Soundfly View Bluetooth FM Transmitter with 2.0 inch Screen, WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Car Charger, iPhone 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad 3, Mini, Air, Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3 & Note 3, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones & Tablets "
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GHBVGI..._6zw8ub1D2JBR5

I'm not one to linger on my mistakes or perceived slights, especially when it is for something so minor though. Edmunds listed my car with the features I've confirmed at a value greater than the purchase price, I love how it drives, just need to add a feature now.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbihn
"Soundfly View Bluetooth FM Transmitter with 2.0 inch Screen..
That doesn't sound like something I would want. I don't know if the cars for other markets are different but at least for european cars it has been possible to retrofit the OEM bluetooth telephone function. There are also some third party moduls that should integrate with the car controls. Just look out for compatibility to the exact version and model year you have.
Maybe this thread (discussing both Concert and Nav systems) can provide a starting point:
OEM Bluetooth installation recommendation - Yorkshire? [Archive] - VW AUDI Forum
Old 02-28-2015, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi8k
That doesn't sound like something I would want. I don't know if the cars for other markets are different but at least for european cars it has been possible to retrofit the OEM bluetooth telephone function. There are also some third party moduls that should integrate with the car controls. Just look out for compatibility to the exact version and model year you have.
Maybe this thread (discussing both Concert and Nav systems) can provide a starting point:
OEM Bluetooth installation recommendation - Yorkshire? [Archive] - VW AUDI Forum
Thanks for the link. In researching this further, I've discovered that my car has the Concert III radio based on the buttons and ***** and according to this, it is not actually MMI, which limits my options. Summary of current Audi multimedia systems and history (by LoCal) - Audi A6 Q7 A8 A4 A5 Retrofit Jälkiasennus Nachrüsten Retro-fit

I'll read through it and hopefully see something that seems to be compatible, but as far as I can tell any reference to MMI 2G or 3G instantly disqualifies it as an option for me....unless I manage to replace the entire stock system with an MMI.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Tbihn
Thanks for the link. In researching this further, I've discovered that my car has the Concert III radio based on the buttons and ***** and according to this, it is not actually MMI, which limits my options. Summary of current Audi multimedia systems and history (by LoCal) - Audi A6 Q7 A8 A4 A5 Retrofit Jälkiasennus Nachrüsten Retro-fit

I'll read through it and hopefully see something that seems to be compatible, but as far as I can tell any reference to MMI 2G or 3G instantly disqualifies it as an option for me....unless I manage to replace the entire stock system with an MMI.
I have the same question. Just purchased my 2010 this week as well. I also, was more concerned with other specifics on the vehicle during test drive and mechanical inspection. Both my salesman and myself apparently assumed that the bluetooth was installed as he did comment on it during the test drive.
Knowing it didn't have nav, my husband was already researching after market add ons and he did come across this which according to him has a fairly straightforward installation.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I've the exact same issue as meatheadmike

Has anybody resolved this??any updated would be gratefully received?mine is a 2009 A4
Old 12-31-2015, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2011 Audi A4 MMI - No bluetooth

Has anyone found a solution or a part number to get bluetooth to work on an MMI system where telephone is not installed?
Old 07-12-2022, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same issue

I have a 2010 a4 with the concert stereo above my climate control. I have the ami hookup in my glove box, but zero Bluetooth settings in the stereo… I have a 6 speed manual and it also has the telephone button, but says phone not installed. I’m so confused