Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get a key tag either. Ughhh....
Old 02-13-2016, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Connect Resets Each Time Car is Off

Add me to the list of users unable to connect.

Account is properly setup online.
1. Went to audiusa.com then the myaudi link to sign-up.
2. Once that account was created, I went into the link to the "connect services" and it found my vin/car and showed my Q7 information.
3. When you set up the connect services, it creates a contract for you in *.PDF format and it downloads to your PC. It tells you to bring it to the dealer, who will then log into their portal with the contract number which confirms that you are the true owner. I guess this prevents someone from just looking at a VIN viewable through the windshield of any car and then attempting to create their own Audi account. I emailed mine to the dealer service manager to save a visit.
4. The dealer goes into their dealer portal and enters the contract number to complete it. Now that the dealer confirmed you the owner, it will show online that your services have been licensed. (see the FIRST grean icon in the lower right corner of the picture below "Service Licensed"). If you rest your mouse on it you see more details.

Then you go to the car and put the PIN in that you will see when you rest your mouse on the icon. I did NOT need the 8 digit erase code from the key tag. I believe that is only needed if you need to replace a missing FOB.

Now here is where it gets worse. On my car, when I clicked on the Audi Connect icon in the main menu on the MMI system, it would just say PLEASE WAIT indefinitely. So I backed out of it and went to the setting icon in the main menu (last one in the loop). Go to the bottom and choose FACTORY SETTINGS. Select "all settings at the top" and then spin to the bottom to reset everything. Confirm it.

In about 30 seconds the screen retracts. After a minute or so the screen reopens. Give it a minute to wake up.

Now go to the Audi Connect icon on the main menu. Click it and give it a moment and TAH DAH!....... Connect services appear. You are NOT DONE!. Click the wheel to the right to open up a PLUS sign. Choose LOG-IN. Select LOG-IN with PIN. Put the PIN in that you got from the website! Not that thing on the key tag!. It will recognize your online account and show your online account name!

Now you think you are all set. And I will tell you that if you go on the website now and sign into your account that you will see the SECOND green icon lit up now, showing the car is linked to your subscription services (free trial) and everything is dandy. But it is NOT.

Google maps won't work because it gets stuck on "Checking License". But some of the other stuff works.

Now the sad part. When you shut off the car and go back into it later and start it, audi connect will hang on "Please wait" again. And the only way to get it back is to RESET the factory settings again.

So there is a bug in the system, software or web link. ( 1.) The car will not save the settings apparently and (2.) The Google licensing issue needs resolution.

My car was at the dealer for 3 days and they tried hard to get this going with online support. My ticket was left open and we are waiting for tech support to get their act together and fix this for all of us, hopefully.

And to confirm I am right, while my car was at the shop, my Q7 loaner did the same thing. Audi Connect on the MMI was stuck on "Please Wait". When I reset the system, the services started working again, with the exception of Google Maps that kept getting stuck on checkling license. Shut off the loaner and when you start it later it's all gone again.

And don't bother just trying to reset "audi connect and apps" only in the factory reset menu. It does not work. It only comes back when you reset ALL factory settings.

Fun stuff.

Let's hope they get it straightened out. One of the reasons I selected the Q7 was all the cool tech it has.

They better be prepared to extend my trial at Audi for all of the time I have been unable to use it. I will raise holy hell.

Please keep this thread going and keep replying with your experiences, good or bad.

Maybe we can make this a STICKY THREAD until this is straightened out.

I will be sharing this post and link with my dealer and with the corporate contacts I have made during this process.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
G]

Then you go to the car and put the PIN in that you will see when you rest your mouse on the icon. I did NOT need the 8 digit erase code from the key tag. I believe that is only needed if you need to replace a missing FOB.
Terrible experience. I'm not saying this is the reason for your problem(s), but when I activated mine, I inputted the 8 digit erase code from the key tag. I don't believe that code has anything to do with replacing a missing FOB. I really do think the missing 8 digit code is related to your problem.

The fact that your dealer is having problems, especially when dealing with Audi Customer service compounds things and validates how hosed up this process is becoming. They gotta get off their *** & fix this thing!

Have you looked at post #19 below with the step by step instructions?
Old 02-13-2016, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

You have to have the 8 digit vehicle code to activate the services.

After I gave the the contract to my dealer, the "Service Licensed" became available like you mentioned on my account page. Since my dealer didn't have my vehicle code, or they threw it away, they had to order it from the parts department. I finally got my code (dealer didn't even know you had to scratch it off first) and I went to Audi Connect and put my email address and the code in. Everything is working now.

BTW, you can't remote lock/unlock the doors. You can only check the status of the doors.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

By the way, according to Audi and its instructions I posted above, it was the 10-digit code that we needed. But in fact, my code and others are 8-digit codes. This might have created some confusion across the board.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
I finally got my code (dealer didn't even know you had to scratch it off first) and I went to Audi Connect and put my email address and the code in.
Where did that get entered? Mine only asks for either my "myaudi" email address and password or the "my audi" account pin (the pin from online). When I do this it shows my full name on the screen and says account linked or something like that.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by pcaddict66
Where did that get entered? Mine only asks for either my "myaudi" email address and password or the "my audi" account pin (the pin from online). When I do this it shows my full name on the screen and says account linked or something like that.
Ok, I went back in to Audi Connect on the car and it just hangs at "Please Wait" screen. I think Audi Connect server is down?

The email address and the 8-digit code is entered inside the Audi Connect menu in the Q7. But for whatever reason I can't get into the menu, stuck at "Please Wait" until I press other buttons.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had that same issue all day long. It just hangs at the initial please wait screen.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear you are getting the Please Wait hang too. At least I know its not just me now.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Even though it's stuck at "Please Wait", I am still able to connect to the car from my iphone app.

BTW, page 196 in the manual also outlines the step for setting up Audi Connect....

Quick Reply: Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?