Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian

BTW, you can't remote lock/unlock the doors. You can only check the status of the doors.
Check this. I am able to lock and unlock the car doors from the app on my iPhone.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Check this. I am able to lock and unlock the car doors from the app on my iPhone.
The strangest thing is, the app is allowing me to do that too as of yesterday! But it's asking me the 4-digit pin code that I should set it up on the website. I can't seem to find the place on the website to set the code though. Oh well.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, update. After being told to reset the vehicle back to factory settings I was able to connect. That lasted 24 hours and when I went to connect again the next day it came back to the same issue of hanging and saying "Please Wait".

I am waiting to hear back from Audi to see what the next steps are.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The old Audi Connect from 13-16 was a pretty simple process. You had a SIM card number, a vin and the customers information. Point and click and add the information in, and then click active 6 month trial. Very few problems.

This new system is very complicated and a multi step process of codes, more pass codes to enter in several different places. There is no more SIM card.

Dealers are finding out the hard way. Do not throw away the plastic portion of the keys that comes with the master keys. The old one just had the vin number on there, but there is a special code to activate the Audi connect on all 17s.

There will be modifications coming as the activation of 17 model connect is way too confusing for everybody.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car is coming in Friday but my dealer already sent me an email telling me all my credentials to set it all up in advance.

So far I got everything set up on the myaudiconnect and myaudiusa websites BUT when I login into the Audiconnect app everything says Your authorizations are currently deactivated. Check your account on the myaudi portal. Everything seems ok there, so, I'll just wait until I get to the dealership tomorrow. Unless, someone here had this happen and knows the fix.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just received the next steps...take it into the Audi dealer and let them "work on it". Pretty sure there will be no change after this.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dealer got back to me and sure enough, I have to enter the pin that is with the keys tomorrow when I pick up. Hopefully it will all work after that or else I'll be in the same situation as some on here. Only thing I don't like the dealer did was begin to set this up early because now it took days off the 6 month free trial before I even have possession of the car. Looking at the price, I personally find $750 for 30 months quite a large cost for the service.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paradox
Looking at the price, I personally find $750 for 30 months quite a large cost for the service.
My new Q7 is my 4th Audi with Connect...personally, I've never subscribed for it beyond the 6 month freebie due to the cost + the fact that for me, it seems like somewhat of a frivolous feature. Having a hotspot in the car or Google Earth or any other features are simply not important for me, especially with the cost. But that's just my personal opinion of it.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
My new Q7 is my 4th Audi with Connect...personally, I've never subscribed for it beyond the 6 month freebie due to the cost + the fact that for me, it seems like somewhat of a frivolous feature. Having a hotspot in the car or Google Earth or any other features are simply not important for me, especially with the cost. But that's just my personal opinion of it.
Yeah, I tend to agree. I was a bit concerned that the 'virtual cockpit' google maps would go 'poof' once the sub ran out but from what I've read it will continue to work BUT the maps wouldn't be updated which is perfectly fine by me looking at the cost.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

A couple of things. First, there are also lesser expensive alternatives to the Audi connect plans. If you have AT&T, on your phone, you can add a share plan for $10 @ month. There are other providers available such as US Mobile and TruPhone that can be even less expensive.

As to Google Earth, if you are not connected, as soon as you travel about 20 miles outside of your radius and the cache is nit refreshed, the data will disappear and not return.

There is a lot more to Audi connect than Google Earth. I use the online destinations every day and the send to car feature from your phone or computer in advance is very handy. In addition, you also have many other features such as street view, gas prices, events, parking, news, weather, etc, all integrated nicely with your MMI nav and large screen. IMO, AC is one of the best features of the A6.

Quick Reply: Has anyone had success activating AudiConnect?