2011 Q5 misfire problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Q5 misfire problem

Hi all! New here so if this is in the wrong forum I apologize. I need some out of the box help here.

I have a misfire problem. The problem started slowly, with just a random misfire, then multiple cylinder misfires. I fixed that. Torn seal on the PCV valve. I did the rebuild kit for that and it temporarily fixed the problem.

A few few weeks later misfire on cylinder 3. Pulled the coil packs and moved them around, and the misfire moved cylinders. Replaced all coil packs and spark plugs. Because it's cheap and why not while I was in there.

Problem solved for for about a month. Then I had a random misfire. Until yesterday when I lost cylinder 4 completely on the freeway, (I've been keeping the code reader in the car..)Normally that would say the only thing left is the fuel injector.. however I turned off the vehicle and turned it back on and the engine ran perfect... so, now I'm at a loss for what's next beside fuel injectors...

i dont one think I've ever seen or heard of a fuel injector going bad then start working again just by shutting down the motor then restarting... which leads me to think it's the fuel delivery system somewhere but I don't know where to start there.. check engine and EPC light comes on, then resets when turn the car off then restart. So, that's been creating a little problem for my basic code reader.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.