A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erdb
I'm in the SF Bay Area and I just placed an order. I contacted all 8 local dealers via their websites and asked for their best price for a car configured exactly the way I wanted. Prices were all over the map, so it's really important to price shop. Several were only willing to take $1000 off MSRP (-2%) and were quick to point out what a great deal they were giving me in doing that given the "huge demand" for this car (yeah, right). A couple others were just above or at invoice (6-6.9% off MSRP). I got 8.7% off MSRP which is $1000 below invoice, including all dealer fees.

I was willing to place a factory order and wait three months, so I could focus just on price. But if you need the car right away you may not have as many options. In this case the dealership did not have an allocated car in the factory build queue that they could switch to my configuration, so it could take a month before they can even enter it into the factory build system. Price is more important to me than delivery time.
I'm SF Bay Area as well. Mind letting me know the contact info of who/which dealer gave you the best price? Appreciate it!
Old 10-26-2016, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jschmidt919
I'm SF Bay Area as well. Mind letting me know the contact info of who/which dealer gave you the best price? Appreciate it!
Yes, me too, thank you.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by erdb
I'm in the SF Bay Area and I just placed an order. I contacted all 8 local dealers via their websites and asked for their best price for a car configured exactly the way I wanted. Prices were all over the map, so it's really important to price shop. Several were only willing to take $1000 off MSRP (-2%) and were quick to point out what a great deal they were giving me in doing that given the "huge demand" for this car (yeah, right). A couple others were just above or at invoice (6-6.9% off MSRP). I got 8.7% off MSRP which is $1000 below invoice, including all dealer fees.

I was willing to place a factory order and wait three months, so I could focus just on price. But if you need the car right away you may not have as many options. In this case the dealership did not have an allocated car in the factory build queue that they could switch to my configuration, so it could take a month before they can even enter it into the factory build system. Price is more important to me than delivery time.
I had a pretty similar experience in Central Texas. I also special ordered mine: Prestige, Glacier White metallic, Atlas beige interior, walnut inlays, Driver Assist package, Rear Side airbags, wheel locks. E-mailed about 8 dealers in all the major TX cities; got a lot of low ball offers around 3% but was able to get one pushed to final 8% off MSRP and no extra fees.

I think you have to be willing to search around for a deal and show the dealers you're willing to go wherever and take your time to get a good deal. Some dealers may be think they're making enough sales to not give you a chance.

Dealer was able to modify an existing order they had placed earlier in the week, but still looking at production week 5016 and ETA around the end of January.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just reserved a Glacier White Premium Plus, tan with walnut inlays with tech package and a few other random accessories. Sticker was $52850 (give or take a few $), dealer agreed to $48000. It does not have the cold weather (odd I know), which I decided was not essential because he gave me this car for $1000 less than we had agreed on for any other PP (which were not on the lot. Yes these are scarce right now, and 90% seem to have black interiors regardless of the exterior color.

I do wish the adaptive cruse control, adaptive high beams, and lane assistance were available on the PP. I really did not care about any of the other Prestige upgrades, including the HUD which is part of the drivers assistance package. I would gladly have paid $1500 more for those three options.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Signed papers yesterday for 2018 Gothland Green Prestige with Gray Wood + Warm Package + Rear Airbags for $53K

Seems to be about 6.5% less than MSRP and few 100s less than Dealer Invoice. Maybe NOT the deal of the century but pretty nice overall i think.