A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Advice needed: Putting amp and a bass box in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-1999, 02:47 PM
Andrew A.

Default Re: Advice needed: Putting amp and a bass box in the trunk.....Here you Go.....PIC

View of the sub enclosure from above.<p>Andrew A.<br>99 2.8QM Brullen-cat back, K&N, Momo shiftknob <br>
Old 05-19-1999, 02:51 PM
Andrew A.

Default Re: Advice needed: Putting amp and a bass box in the trunk.....Here you Go.....PIC

This is the drivers side lower mount. The lower mounts required a small cut to be made in the carpet.<p>Andrew A.<br>99 2.8QM Brullen-cat back, K&N, Momo shiftknob <br>
Old 05-19-1999, 02:53 PM
Andrew A.

Passenger side...<p>Andrew A.<br>99 2.8QM Brullen-cat back, K&N, Momo shiftknob <br>
Old 05-19-1999, 02:55 PM
Andrew A.

Yes...I did actually drill holes into my 99 A4!! <p>Andrew A.<br>99 2.8QM Brullen-cat back, K&N, Momo shiftknob <br>
Old 05-19-1999, 02:59 PM
Andrew A.

Here is a view of the passenger side upper mount which is screwed into the rear deck just in front of the amps. <p>Andrew A.<br>99 2.8QM Brullen-cat back, K&N, Momo shiftknob <br>
Old 05-19-1999, 03:13 PM
Klidge

I mounted my amp upside down under the rear deck. I know it's a no-no, but to me it was worth a shot. It's been there for months, with no problems, and my trunk space is uncompromised.
Old 05-19-1999, 06:21 PM
Curious

Andrew, how do you like you're Brullen? Noisy? Added Power? Did you get it from LL Tek?
Old 05-19-1999, 07:05 PM
ajp

Jason, do you have your 5 channel powering everything, including the sub? ThanksNT
Old 05-19-1999, 07:06 PM
Andrew A.

Default Re: Andrew, how do you like you're Brullen? Noisy? Added Power? Did you get it from LL Tek?

I am really enjoying the Brullen/LLTEK system. For starters the assembly and installation was a snap. It took around fifteen minutes and that was taking our time. I went to a local garage (Ace Tire) to perform the intallation. All the hangers line up perfectly and there is no interference of any sort. I have yet to hear any rattles from it. I spent a while trying to decide which system to go with before purchasing this one. I sort of bit the bullet with this one by deciding what the hell...... My critera were that it needed to be cat-back and full stainless steel construction. I searched through the archives a lot finding lots of info on the 1.8T systems but not all the answers I needed for the 2.8. I called LLTEK and TAP to find out about their system first hand. LLTEK explained this one is a new design with an eye on keeping low end power while boosting the high end. The claim to have an 8% increase in power. TAP said I would be looking at something around 6or 7% That actually sounded more accurate to me. The problem was I read few negative postings about the fit and the noise level of the Scorpion or TAP system. So here you have it. The Brullen sounds fantastic! Not too loud but just right...well to my ears anyway. There is a deep "growl" when you hit the gas but when just lightly on the gas or cruising on the highway the noise is relatively subdued. There is a slight "drone" at 2500RPM but that is about it. As for power there is a noticable increase. I would not say 8% but it is close. I would recommend this system to any 2.8L owner. The tips look fantastic also. Good luck and happy motoring!!<p>Andrew A.<br>99 2.8L QM
Old 05-19-1999, 07:21 PM
KurtW

Default Seen Rob's new Brullen, MUCH improved. . .

I had posted several times, as well as more than a few e-mails, that I was VERY unhappy with the fit of mine. On the other hand, I was EXTREMELY happy with the sound - quite a bittersweet delimma. <p>Rob just put on his latest generation LLTek/Brullen, and it's SOOOOO much better in fit and finish. Tucks up in the chassis nicely, has ACTUAL Mandrel bends (OOOO, smooth!), and kept the great sound. Yeah, made me jealous. Fixed the problems AFTER I got mine - thankyou.<p>The new gen. is worth the purchase now.<p>My $.02

Quick Reply: Advice needed: Putting amp and a bass box in the trunk