A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Any advice??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2000, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any advice??

Hey guys...

Just finished the deal on my A4 approx 11 hours ago. I AM TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY. This car kicks ***. I lean on the gas about 1/2 way going up a hill on the freeway and I hit 90 easy. It is scarey how much potential this car has for tuning, considering the stock creature is so nice.

I am in a bit of a dilemma. My symphony stereo system is out of wack. After signing the papers to the A4, the salesperson was explaining all the nice features of my car. When he got to the Symphony Stereo system, and tried to depress the button to seek the next station, the radio froze up!!! It wouldn't respond to anything. Inserting a CD, turning off power. I was just stuck on one station. We even tried turning the car off, and the stereo STILL didn't shut off!! What is going on? Has anyone out there been as unfortunate as I to have their brand spanking new car fail like that? We eventually had to pull the fuse to the stereo to shut it down.

Just wondering if this really wierd thing has happened to anyone else. I plan to go to the local dealer in town to get this problem handled.

In the mean time, any advice?

Thanks all<p>----------
Proudly joining the rest of you A4 lovers!

Silver 1.8TQSMx bought 05/29/00
Old 05-31-2000, 04:34 AM

Default The Audi radio gremlins again...bad head unit, have them replace.

<p>~Matt
<a href=http://registry.audiworld.com/audi/registry/details.asp?car=5082>'00 A4 1.8TMSX Casa/Opal</a>
Old 05-31-2000, 06:54 AM
LA

Default What's going on Knock....

Sorry to hear about the radio gremlins, man. I think it's because you didn't cruise by after you bought the car.

I agree with MatthewpA4. Since you're covered under warranty.. Replace, replace, replace.

Did you tell them that you knew the former owner of the 98.5?
Old 05-31-2000, 07:44 AM

Default Re: What's going on Knock....

Sup man...

I was at the dealer till 8:00. They wanted to try to get me to pay sticker for the car! I stoodfast tho and I got a pretty sick deal. It was kinda fun messing around with the salesperson. He was so frustrated going back and forth between me and his boss (korean dude) that finally he just took me over to the big guy and we worked it out face to face! I even got the manager to go along with my deal. I guess I can be pretty persuasive if I put my mind to it!

At any rate, the dealership was actually close to Palm Springs, not LA. My bad. So it would have been way out of the way anyhow. I LUV IT MAN! I don't think it has sunk in quite yet. But I am sure that it will hit me soon.

Hope things went well in the move. Please ask Tiger to forgive me for not returning his msg, but I was a bit busy. But I definitely will come up some time to LA to do a little breaking in/showing off (wink).<p>----------
Proudly joining the rest of you A4 lovers!

Silver 1.8TQSMx bought 05/29/00