A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Cheated by the Audi Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2000, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheated by the Audi Dealer

I went in today to negotiate the price for an A4 Audi 2.8 Quattro. The options i wanted were leather, tip, xenon, sports package, convenience package, bose, and the nav system. When we finished negotiations and as he was ready to ship the car, he called me back and told me he forgot to include the price of the leather and asked me to pay for it. Since we negotiated the price earlier including leather, i refused to pay the additional fees for the option. I called back and talked to the manager and he refuses to sell the car to us. He was extremely rude and won't accept the fact that his salesperson messed up on the options and the price of the car.

My question is, is there anything i can do? Becuase as of now, they refuse to sell me the car at the price i negotiated at earlier before they found the mistake and is returning the deposit i gave them.

thank you and please reply to me at BENIE7890@aol.com
Old 04-02-2000, 06:18 PM

Default Audis tend to be a scarce commodity...

I tried feverishly to negotiate my deal lower, but after a few concessions the sales manager said basically that he'd sell the car the next day in any case, so he had no impetus to go lower. I looked for my Avant all over the place, and found exactly what I wanted at 1 of 9 dealers. So I paid the "premium" for it. Still got it for 2k+ under MSRP.

In any case, what market are you in? California?
Old 04-02-2000, 06:32 PM
Rest In Peace

Default You got anything in writing?

When ordering mine, I got a complete writeup of car w/ all accessories, and price owed. if you ahve something similar, it's off to visit your local Ally McBeal. Without it, take your money back and visit other dealers. I did not buy my Avant from the closest dealer.
Old 04-02-2000, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Audis tend to be a scarce commodity...

I'm in the California market. I have the paper with the list of options and the price we agreed on. The problem is, we negotiated and agreed on a price i wanted to purchase the car at. He called me later and insisted that i pay for the leather option price which he mistakenly forgot to add in.
Old 04-02-2000, 06:44 PM

Hmmm, verbal contract? Do you really want to go to court over 1k?
Old 04-02-2000, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The same thing happened to me re: metalic paint

I balked as you did but in the end the solution was to pay the invoice price for the option.
Old 04-02-2000, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Hmmm, verbal contract? Do you really want to go to court over 1k?

I dont want to, but is there some other way because this is extremely unfair to me as a consumer and very unprofessional for such a large dealership.
Old 04-02-2000, 07:02 PM

Default yeah, well...i'd call AOA customer service and see what they do...

I'd bite the bullet, but that's me...
Old 04-02-2000, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Bite the Bullet!

If your decision to buy this car depends on wether or not you should pay for the "leather", maybe you shouldn't be buying this car!

just my .02 cents

I was able to negotiate to 3.5 over invoice, but would of paid MSRP if I had to!(or could afford to)
Old 04-02-2000, 08:47 PM

Default Hope someone has more compassion for you r human errors...

People are human and make mistakes... now you try and profit from it? Would the shoe be on other foot had you made the same mistake and forgotten to add leather yet they charged you for it? Would you display the same sense of integrity and insist they charge you for it? It's this kind of hypocrisy that makes me cynical. I would have loved to see you take advantage of it if they had made a human mistake and forgot to charge you for leather.i would be willing to bet you'd be keeping your mouth shut and taking your money to the bank, not marching in with righteous indignation. Be human and pay for the option you expected to pay for anyways.

Quick Reply: Cheated by the Audi Dealer