A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Engine turned off while I was on freeway and now won’t turn over

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine turned off while I was on freeway and now won’t turn over

Like I said, I was driving down the freeway when my battery light popped on and my engine turned off. There were no strange noises accompanying. Battery is fully charged, alternator was replaced less than 10k miles ago. I did get a P0411 code Incorrect Airflow Detected and a P0341 Camshaft sensor code. I tried replacing the camshaft sensor but that did not resolve the issue. I checked the timing belt and it’s fine but it isn’t turning over when I try to start the engine. Starter seems to be turning over fine by the looks of it. Does anybody have any thoughts on what this could be?
Old 06-11-2019, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Celebrayt
Like I said, I was driving down the freeway when my battery light popped on and my engine turned off. There were no strange noises accompanying. Battery is fully charged, alternator was replaced less than 10k miles ago. I did get a P0411 code Incorrect Airflow Detected and a P0341 Camshaft sensor code. I tried replacing the camshaft sensor but that did not resolve the issue. I checked the timing belt and it’s fine but it isn’t turning over when I try to start the engine. Starter seems to be turning over fine by the looks of it. Does anybody have any thoughts on what this could be?
Check for fuel getting to injectors. Check for sparks at plugs. Also look for blown fuses in your ECU box and under dash.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

How old is the timing belt? Are you sure it's "fine" ?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
How old is the timing belt? Are you sure it's "fine" ?
I'm in the process of putting it into service mode so I can check the bottom timing case but everything appears to be in tact. I'll have an update later today.