A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Based on some *real* inside info, if I was chipping, I'd get the GIAC in a second.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product development takes time...

We will release more details on what we are doing this weekend at our BBQ. APR believes developing a good product involves more than manipulating a few tables and running a hand full of tests. This is a recipe for a product with a lot of problems and many revisions!

Regarding my claims about the Bosch Motronic system, we have gone much further than any of our competitors with this system. I believe Bosch service centers are probably busy repairing alternators and starters, I don't think they do much programming there. In all seriousness though, my comments were directed towards those outside Bosch.

Brett
APR
Old 03-14-2002, 08:09 AM

Default Exactly, you don't test engines...

Yet you discount the findings of companies with the highest levels of testing facilities, experience, and dedication to these engines? Do you really know how much testing and development went into these 'software-only' solutions? If these solutions were well developed wouldn't you expect at most a gradual release of software revisions over time not a sporadic release of multiple revisions within weeks?

Brett
APR
Old 03-14-2002, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default what the heck is "scizometric"? you mean "stoiciometric"? :)

This is coming back around full circle to my original point. You don't know much about these engines, yet you would trust the word of your friend over APR. That's fine, bully for you.

But unless your friend posts a dyno with some A/F ratios superimposed, or some theory as to how an injector flowing less fuel will not affect A/F ratio, why do you expect the good people of AW to believe you?

I also don't know why APR hasn't just added a FPR and refined their old programs, but at least they're providing data as to why they think the fuel system is inadequate, And I expect we'll hear more after the BBQ.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/28715.phtml">Data you seem to have missed</a></li></ul>
Old 03-14-2002, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Don't have an automotive dictionary handy, sorry. Do I belive my friend over APR? Is that a joke?

Turn it around and ask (God forbid) Why belive APR? Without a product on the market, and with nothing positive to say about the half-dozen other chips on the market, they have NO CREDIBILITY. My friend's experience overshadows anyone else in the industry who we both will ever know personally. If I don't belive him, who should I belive?
Old 03-14-2002, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't have to. I found out everything I need to know in a phone call. ; )
Old 03-14-2002, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Obviously.

So you're saying other chips have "Lots of Problems?" What is that based on, other than speculation? Are you speaking for GIAC customers? Wettaurer? Neuspeed? ABT/AMS? UPsolute? MTM/Hoppen?(another associate of my friend) I don't expect a chip from TAP, but I am sure it would suck based on APRs speculation.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's the first sensible thing you've said.

I agree you should be critical of all the evidence. Ask your friend how they can flow as much fuel through the same injector at a lower pressure. Ask what happens if someone puts a high flow cat on the engine, and starts flowing more air. Ask, and stop believing in blind faith!

If you want something to beleive in, go found a religion. This is engineering, and beliefs have no place without understanding!
Old 03-15-2002, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Can't you read?

He said any chip that tries to make over 195 HP without fuel modifications on a 2002 A4 is in trouble.

ABT and MTM make fuel modifications, if this forum is correct (I can't find anything for 2002 A4's on Hoppen's website, anyone have a link to what they're up to?)

GIAC claims you don't have to modify the fuel system.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe you missed it, but my friend was consulted by GIAC on the fuel system. His word is no good?

I asked him the kind of questions you ask. He said "The fuel system is fine, there is a fuel return, duty cycles are fine". Why is that so contraversial for you? Why do you not belive anyone except APR? Wettauer, Neuspeed, GIAC, MTM/Hoppen(another associate of my friend)Abt/AMS all have chips out that work well. Are all of those tuners idiots? Are they destroying their customer's cars? Try a little common sense.
Old 03-15-2002, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, I read.I don't belive everything I see on the internet.Is that the totality of your experience?

Trying not to laugh, but your'e saying your internet info is more reliable than my friend who I have known for 10 years? APR...the only company with no product on the market, is more reputable than ALL the other tuners put together? It's kind of sad you subscribe to the bull**** APR puts out. There's a hundred people driving around with GIAC chips, zero with APR, and you think APR is "better". My post original post was directed at people who were sitting on the fence and worried about the garbage APR has posted, not hardcore, brainwashed APR stooges. If you think GIACs chip is dangerous, why don't you start a new post and defend that position. I know it's not on personal experience, but that is the standard you want to hold me to. Go ahead, call GIAC and tell them what a big mistake they are making, because you heard it on the internet!... from APR!!! LOL Perhaps they will share their engineering data with you, even though you are not an engineer...I doubt it, but at least they will have a good laugh. Let me know how it works out if APR ever manages to get a chip released.

Quick Reply: Based on some *real* inside info, if I was chipping, I'd get the GIAC in a second.