A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Based on some *real* inside info, if I was chipping, I'd get the GIAC in a second.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relax, little boy.

You are taking this way too personally.

All I said was think about what APR is saying. It makes sense to anyone who understands engines, (or math for that matter) and it would be nice to get an informed response from GIAC or your friend.

Thats all, try to have a good day, and if you pass a bookstore, I suggest you pick up a book on engine management or mathematics and read it.

And yes, I am an engineer. I'm a Chemical Engineer, and cars have been my hobby for 15 years. and you?
Old 03-15-2002, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

my point was nobody's word is good without data.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I guess your friend forgot to tell you

MTM and ABT agree with APR regarding the fueling solution.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/41755.phtml">Maybe April's lying (LOL)</a></li></ul>
Old 03-16-2002, 04:38 AM

Blind trust can lead you into a brick wall...
Old 03-16-2002, 05:05 AM

Default Absolutely, these companies have had big problems with software only 'solutions'...

Case in point: A company goes from claiming that 'extensive testing' of their release product is now complete and the final product is available to claming that the 'alpha program testing' is now complete. These guys are backpeddling so fast it is not even funny.

It is beyond absurd to claim that fuel injector duty cycles are or were OK with these products. These products were hitting the fuel injector duty cycle limp mode because duty cycles were hitting 100%. There was so little time actually spent on the programming that this huge problem was not even discovered during the development cycle. Companies thought that they had a product simply because they finally figured out how to solve the digital signature issue but they didn't even bother to check the hardware. Now they are backpeddling the fuel issue because they are afraid to admit that they jumped the gun on their product release. They are releasing programming revisions to try to pull back the fuel/load to prevent the injectors from going 100%. They are hoping that somehow they will be able to hide the issue this way and that by engaging in smear campaigns they can quiet there competitors who know better. I am one person who will not fall for this and I will make sure that the truth is heard.

Here is part of an email I received from an individual encountering the fuel issue (duty cycles going to 100% and the car going into limp mode) with the product that you are supporting that has no supposed fuel issue:

--
Bret, What I have felt with my chiped 02 A4 is that in 4th gear using full throttle, I feel the power cutting in and out almost as if I was taking my foot off the pedal then suddenly flooring the pedal again. This only happens in 4th gear (around 80 MPH), not had it happen in 3rd and I have gone fast enough to try it in 5th gear.
--

And in a later email:

--
With the information I now have I believe I made a poor decision to go with **** (oops did I say that out loud?) I can fully understand that you cannot tell anymore details on your hardware modifications. I work as a manufactures representative in the audio/video industry and if one of my companys had a secret soultion that no one else had we would keep it under wraps too.
--

Brett
APR