A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

I called Irish Mike's yesterday and here is what happened....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I might as well
Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Here is the situation as I explained it to them....

I said the parts were necessary, I signed off on them, and I needed them. I do not seek a refund for the parts.

The labor however is where the dispute arises. The labor was not done properly. If it was my car would be in perfect running order. I told them I have to pay someone else to look into my engine for g-d knows how much money to figure out what they messed up on and fix it. I said look it could be as simple as 1 screw not being torqued down all the way, or my timing be off, or something wrong with the belt, or a manufacturer's defect in the new belt you got... who knows, but what I do know is that you don't know and can't fix it. I have had the hassle of bringing my car into the shop 4 times, 3 for the problems caused by your shop.

I am asking for a refund in the full amount of labor billed.

His response was we will not refund you anything, but we will look at your car again.

After the attitude they pulled with the owner calling my mom a b!tch and inferring that I was a liar. After having the general manager tell me my car is fine and then questioning me.

He said, "Let me ask you if you've had all of these problems why are you just calling me now after 1 month."

I said I guess you follow up on the shop very well. You should know that I waited for 2.5 weeks for a back ordered part, that you yourself called me about. Then he starts in with the lies. He says look I know the work was done correctly, because we've done this a million times on Audi's. I said if that were the case why did the service writer tell me he had to order a $400 part just to do the job, because they've in fact never seen anything like this?

So to be fair I want 100% of the cost of labor back for the work not properly done and the attitude and horrendous experience it was in dealing with them.

Parts I do not seek a penny for.

I think that is more then fair.

I will not however go pay someone else to fix it and give the bill to Irish Mike's, because they will say you had to let us fix it for the warranty to cover it.

I just enjoy being run around. I would have respected them if they said in the first place you know what I don't think we can handle this job. However, they want money so they're start anything even if they can't finish it.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default MB's in school. when you're in school you have time to do stuff like this more easily :)

good luck man. i'd do the same thing.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default That goes without saying...

I'm on Winter Break right now actually, which gives me even more free time. I don't go back until January 9th!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think they issue out business license so stores can legally provide services or sell goods...

but if BBB says they have it then I guess you just gotta ride it out with them. However, I'd start planning on other courses of action, ie. small claims court, etc.

Just my .02. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Thanks, yeah I'll explore other options as I don't expect the BBB to get me a penny
Old 12-09-2006, 04:46 AM

Default Good practice for later in life when dealing with contractors on a house or in work

I really thought you were the goalie btw, the focus of the picture seemed to be him. Keep the gloves obviously, decent gloves are few and far between.

PS - if you were the goalie Id have to school you lol
Old 12-09-2006, 08:52 AM
DWP
AudiWorld Super User

Yup. And look up your local (city or county) court on the web - it'll have small claims guidelines
Old 12-09-2006, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default There is a filing fee of $155, and the court registry would take 9% as well...

that's not really worth it.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default That's probably because my mom doesn't know how to operate a camera :)

I mean I'm doing nothing in the picture and that's essentially the only one she took that day. You would love to shoot on that goalie, he was our backup. You essentially scored on every shot unless you accidentally shot the puck into him

Quick Reply: I called Irish Mike's yesterday and here is what happened....