A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Test drove the A3 2.0T today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test drove the A3 2.0T today...

i wont go into too much detail but to put it bluntly i was VERY unimpressed... which is sad because i was really considering going this route for my next car... guess it will have to be the b6 s4 =)

in any event car overall appealed to me physically interior was on bit of bare side. car felt very similar to our jetta. plastic throughout and lacked major refinement. steering was very loose and had zero sporty feel. shifter was nice smooth, i really liked the euro shift ****. clutch felt as though it engaged to fast. i prefer deep clutches this one stoped before the gas pedal did. i couldnâ€<sup>TM</sup>t tell if the car was forgiving or not to get out of first all you had to do was apply the slightest bit of throttle and remove your foot from the clutch and you were good. no feathering whatsoever. i didnâ€<sup>TM</sup>t get on it enough to feel tq steer but i doubt it would be much of an issue with the 200hp. backseat was much like a bench. upright seating and had comfortable neck support. i am around 6'4" with sneaks on and i fit comfortably in the back with drivers seat in same position from when i drove. hardly any blind sports as well which i thought might be issue with the hatch. the gauges didn't really excite me at all. the on board computer was same as vw and the gauge needles were ugly. i really didnâ€<sup>TM</sup>t care for anything in the gauge face department. i imagine the sport package would do a great deal for the car and hope to test the quattro when that is released in next 6 months. i really think audi is going to have a hard time selling this car. my dealer was packed this morning and all that car got was funny looks and "oh thats cute" i see the ideal customer being that of jetta or golf. this car was priced at just 25 and a half which was one thousand less than the jetta they had in the showroom next door. the engine alone in the a3 would be seller over the current jetta for me but i don't know if many of those vw shoppers will make their way over to the audi showroom thinking there is something in that price range. anyways like i said it was quick run through ask me some questions if you have any.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Re: did you get your 33 MP3s?
Old 04-23-2005, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I test drove it today also, and had the Itunes paper, but dealer didnt give me anything...

What else do I need?

Also was NOT impressed by the car. I hate FWD again, and sick of the dealer trying to tell me how much more power the car had than mine (it doesn't, I'm modded).
Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The base model is ridiculously cheap!

I can't imagine somebody paying 25K+ for the 2.0T manual! The interior materials are like a 15K Chevy. I guess Audi doesn't really care about selling too many of those, but to move the buyer to the DSG model with Sport/Premium packages.
And not bringing a 2.0TQ model at this point... I don't know, but not a lot of the Audi enthusiasts will buy the DSG only. Especially when you can chip a 2.0TQ to a 245HP!