A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi stopped 2012 build a month before my order was scheduled to be built

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Germany/EU models always release earlier than the US versions.
I know. I just brought it up as possible evidence that 2012s are indeed not being built anymore.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by av_audi
I know. I just brought it up as possible evidence that 2012s are indeed not being built anymore.
Actually, that doesn't mean they are no longer being built, as the A4 is assembled in Neckarsulm and Ingolstadt, so one line can still produce as the the other factory changes over. There can be overlap in series on the B8 line.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Actually, that doesn't mean they are no longer being built, as the A4 is assembled in Neckarsulm and Ingolstadt, so one line can still produce as the the other factory changes over. There can be overlap in series on the B8 line.
I see.

Going back to the OP, I am now wondering whether he is guaranteed to get a better deal by keeping the same deal for a 2013. Audi has done some weirs things with trim lines before. For example, the Premium trim got decontented a little over the years. I can't remember all the details, but at some point the removed the folding rear seats from Premium. Perhaps they will go the other way now as the competition is heating up. He could always agree to same amount off MSRP he got for the 2012. Or take a gamble and keep the deal as is. I guess in either case the difference is not likely to be very big.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by av_audi
I see.

Going back to the OP, I am now wondering whether he is guaranteed to get a better deal by keeping the same deal for a 2013. Audi has done some weirs things with trim lines before. For example, the Premium trim got decontented a little over the years. I can't remember all the details, but at some point the removed the folding rear seats from Premium. Perhaps they will go the other way now as the competition is heating up. He could always agree to same amount off MSRP he got for the 2012. Or take a gamble and keep the deal as is. I guess in either case the difference is not likely to be very big.
I'll have to find out the more on he exact MY12 stop and start of MY13 A4s and what other changes are coming.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go for the 2013. You'd be the ONLY one around getting it for such a good price. The looks will also grow on you. 9 times out of ten, a facelift never looks good until we've all seen it on the road for a few months. I've thought the same thing about most, then always end up eating my words once I get used to the new model. You will too, and likely like it even more than the current.

All that being said, keep in mind Audi just spent the last three years making the A4 better. I doubt they would go in the opposite direction.

Best wishes!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SFV A4
9 times out of ten, a facelift never looks good until we've all seen it on the road for a few months.
I think this one looks good right from the beginning, and both inside and outside

I like what they have done with the instrument cluster, with going back to more analogue switches for some things, and finally the darker dash/steering wheel colors.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There is no doubt that the interior is definitely improved in the MY13 model. And I will also benefit from the improved MMI, Nav and simplified heated seat controls etc. That is actually a big bonus in my mind. I just wonder what features I could possibly lose as they revise the trim features. I feel almost certain that I will lose the S-line ext feature in the premium plus line, but what else could also be revised out of the prem plus trim?.

I will admit that the look of the MY13 is already growing on me, and I am excited to see it in person, so I think that is weighing less on my decision now.

Does anyone know if the 'WiFi' feature will be a seperate package from the Nav? Also, will the Nav come with the new google map features or will that require a seperate package on top of the Nav? Has that been verified yet?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It looks like I found an answer to one of my questions below.

http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...-auto-show.jsp

Apparently Audi Connect which provides WiFi ability and Google map overlays (for models equipped with Nav), will be standard on all MY13 A4s.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All navigation systems will have google earth.

There are a couple driver assist pacakges, of which I don't know what's included.

The P plus will obviuosly have a nav option, and then you can choose the back-up camera/sensors, etc. Or just get the prestige.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KSISS
I ordered a 2012 Audi A4 through Military Auto Source while I was deployed to Iraq back in November, and I just found out yesterday, that my order did not make it to build in time .
sucks indeed
same thing happened to me.

screw the new car dealer
i just bought a sweet 2011 Avant and didn't have to pay the drive-off-the-lot-depreciation penalty