Completed consumption test question - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Completed consumption test question

A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5-present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Completed consumption test question

Old 08-06-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Completed consumption test question

I'm bringing my 2010 A5 in for the part 2 next week. I was just wondering how your car is running now that you've had some time to drive around after your car went in. I see a lot of questions about how to get through the process but no follow up. Did you get any performance improvements?
Old 08-07-2018, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

My 2010 A4 is 60k mi. from having the stage 2 done. I add zero oil between 5k oil change. Down maybe halfway on display.

I also run an APR stage 1 tune. I drive mostly highway and get 35mpg in the summer. Car drives like new.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by treilley View Post
My 2010 A4 is 60k mi. from having the stage 2 done. I add zero oil between 5k oil change. Down maybe halfway on display.

I also run an APR stage 1 tune. I drive mostly highway and get 35mpg in the summer. Car drives like new.
Seems like you are still burning oil. You didn't add oil because you didn't want to. The oil e-dipstick is not like a gas gauge it should read full all of the time. Good luck as it will get worse. At 5000 miles it should still read full.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually, Jagtoes, I confirm the half quart on my dipstick. And after 60kmi I am completely satisfied with half a quart in 5k. And that ius the worst I have seen on this engine. Sometimes not that much.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Actually, Jagtoes, I confirm the half quart on my dipstick. And after 60kmi I am completely satisfied with half a quart in 5k. And that ius the worst I have seen on this engine. Sometimes not that much.
Knowing that there is nothing you can do about it , it is interesting that you drank the Audi cool aid . If you're happy then Audi is happy knowing their marketing has manipulated another customer to accept their design problem. Enjoy the ride.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes View Post
Knowing that there is nothing you can do about it , it is interesting that you drank the Audi cool aid . If you're happy then Audi is happy knowing their marketing has manipulated another customer to accept their design problem. Enjoy the ride.
Actually, we have to accept this due to constrain.
I have Audi a4 b8 2008 model with 155K KM(96 K miles). Just bought it few months back and after my first oil change, I am really getting frustrated by noticing the oil level on MMI level gauge. So far, it burnt half level(4/8) for 2000 KM(1242 Miles) and i have no idea whether previous owner worked anything for this consumption. So finally convincing myself to use it for next couple of years and trade it.

Just Keeping my eyes on it, if it get more worse then will ready to trade it anytime :-(
Old 08-10-2018, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes View Post
Whatever dude. If that is you biggest problem in life you got it made.

True, there is nothing I can do about it which is exactly the reason I don't bother myself with it. I tend to live my life that way.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Whatever dude. If that is you biggest problem in life you got it made.

True, there is nothing I can do about it which is exactly the reason I don't bother myself with it. I tend to live my life that way.
Thanks for your comments bro. Enjoy your ride .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Completed consumption test question

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: