A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Help needed regarding A4 red choices

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed regarding A4 red choices

I ordered a 2010 A4 S-Line in Phantom Black. A few weeks later I regretted that choice and called the dealer to change to Misano Red. I chose Misano over Brilliant mostly because of its metallic/pearl effect, which I preferred in my (now previous) Ocean Blue A4. Anyway, I picked up my new car today and it turns out it is Brilliant Red. I sat in the car for about an hour before I drove off. I didn't know what to do. The dealer had told me that there's really no difference between the two, but I chose Misano only because I was getting the S-Line which is necessary for that color. I also liked the fact that it would produce different hues during the day. I am very disappointed with my Brilliant Red, although I'm left wondering if maybe it is a better color. I'm not sure what to do, other than complaint to the dealer. In all honesty, if they had told me that Misano Red was not available, I would have stuck with the Phantom Black. But it sounds like they didn't think Misano was available. Badly handled by the dealer, and I trusted them, unfortunately. This is a lease. Any advice on what I should do? The car feels tainted now, LOL.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

if you already have the car enjoy it ( maybe get them to give you free stuff ), if you dont make them get you what you want.
sorry to hear that
Old 09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts
Default wrong color

Originally Posted by wsidechris
I ordered a 2010 A4 S-Line in Phantom Black. A few weeks later I regretted that choice and called the dealer to change to Misano Red. I chose Misano over Brilliant mostly because of its metallic/pearl effect, which I preferred in my (now previous) Ocean Blue A4. Anyway, I picked up my new car today and it turns out it is Brilliant Red. I sat in the car for about an hour before I drove off. I didn't know what to do. The dealer had told me that there's really no difference between the two, but I chose Misano only because I was getting the S-Line which is necessary for that color. I also liked the fact that it would produce different hues during the day. I am very disappointed with my Brilliant Red, although I'm left wondering if maybe it is a better color. I'm not sure what to do, other than complaint to the dealer. In all honesty, if they had told me that Misano Red was not available, I would have stuck with the Phantom Black. But it sounds like they didn't think Misano was available. Badly handled by the dealer, and I trusted them, unfortunately. This is a lease. Any advice on what I should do? The car feels tainted now, LOL.
good news, you don't have the $475 upcharge for misano. bad news, well, its up to you. i ordered a '10 car in ibis white and ended up buying an '09 misano red s-line. to be perfectly honest, the difference between the two reds is almost hard to notice. but if you truly want misano, you should fix it now.
don
Old 09-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

colours are very personal. I have a Monza Silver and if it came in regular silver I wouldn't have taken the car. I did see a brilliant red today and thought how great it looked. I think it is a great red and is similar to the basic red on the Mercedes C class which is rare by awesome too,
Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You collected it and drove off in it and then want to change it?

I now what my dealer would say.

FWIW - I think Brilliant is a much better stronger colour and Misano should be called an Orange but as said colours are entirely personal.

TBH I don't think we can help when you don't seem able to decide on what you like. :-/
Old 09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had both Misano and Brilliant, and I favor Brilliant (but of course that's a personal choice). But they are not THAT different, even when compared side by side. See my authoritative photo comparison, maybe it will make you feel better about your purchase.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2726117
Old 09-24-2009, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

To be fair to the original poster, I think many of us have struggled with color choices. I know I did!

I'm not sure I understand why you took delivery on a car if it wasn't exactly what you wanted. As already noted, if you plan on making a change do it now.

Good luck.

plA4keeps
Old 09-26-2009, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If you can rationally convince yourself that the difference is insignificant, that it is not even worth batting an eye over, and that obsessing over it will ruin the fun of having a great new car, then do sp immediately!!!

If not, then let me convince you brilliant red is the way to go. Now what kind of a name is Misano red? That sounds like a very wussy color name. When you get a red, you have to go all the way, with a bold and ballzy red, not with one that is sometimes pinkish and sometimes orangish, and that is flaky and finicky. Different hues are great for darker and more neutral colors. With red and similar colors, they just give the impression of a bad pain job

Misano red owners, don't get offended: this post is for a greater cause