A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Why can't I sell my tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

That's why I will only sell them locally. And I will guarantee they are perfect. If any problems develop over a reasonable time, I would buy them back.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
That's why I will only sell them locally. And I will guarantee they are perfect. If any problems develop over a reasonable time, I would buy them back.
Your saying this doesn't make it any easier for anyone to pull the trigger on this deal. It is what it is. You're selling USED goods- PERIOD. Not sure why it surprises you that people aren't jumping in line to take them off your hands. Many people have been burned by "guarantees" before. No one is going to change their minds about buying used stuff just because you really want to get rid of your tires...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm not trying to sell my tires to people like you. I'm looking for someone who perhaps can't afford a new set of tires, or knows a real good deal when he sees one. I'm willing to put a guarantee in writing, notarized, to someone who lives in my area. If you would "never" buy used "goods," that's perfectly fine with me. Don't buy my tires.

I recently sold a used laptop to a friend. It was hardly used, and in excellent condition and contained loads of good software. But for weeks later he called me up and whined that it wasn't powerful enough to edit high-definition videos, etc. I had let him take the laptop home and test it an play with it before he bought it. I had four other people in my office who wanted to buy it. He knew perfectly well what he was buying -- a several-year-old-laptop. So, I was confident when I sold it that he would be happy with it. The laptop was a bargain, and he could turn around and sell it for exactly what he paid for it.

But some people just like to whine. That's why I would not sell my tires to you -- even if you offered me twice my asking price. I will sell them, however, to someone who appreciates what he is getting.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Like I said, the tires are fine for me. I bought all-seasons specifically because I did not want the hassle of changing tires and/or rims twice a year. I'm very happy with these tires. When they wear out, I will buy new ones. No problem.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

2 things:

1.) You're full of sh*t. If ANYONE offered you $600 for your tires you would have sold them in a heartbeat.

2.) Is there any particular reason you can't put more than 1 thought into a single post?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
How bout this, save them and when the lease is up, put the OE tires on and avoid the ding for tire wear?!
That is genius actually. I'm all too familiar with lease end inspections!
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
2 things:

1.) You're full of sh*t. If ANYONE offered you $600 for your tires you would have sold them in a heartbeat.
Wrong. I wouldn't sell them to a sh*thead. You can't have them.

Originally Posted by ThePiombino
2.) Is there any particular reason you can't put more than 1 thought into a single post?
Are we speaking the same language? That remark makes absolutely no sense.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4Driver
Wrong. I wouldn't sell them to a sh*thead. You can't have them.

Are we speaking the same language? That remark makes absolutely no sense.
Oh no! The guy who can't understand why no one wants his sloppy seconds, nor that it's OK to put more than 1 thought into a single post INSTEAD OF POSTING 5 STRAIGHT POSTS WITHIN 2 MINUTES called me a sh*thead!!! Not sure how I'm gonna recover from this one...

On a serious note, though- EAD
Old 07-01-2010, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen, PLEASE…this is not what the forums are supposed to be about. It’s distressing to read how you guys are going at one another. Could you kindly put this behind you/us and use your energy in a more positive way?

Life is just too short.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Gentlemen, PLEASE…this is not what the forums are supposed to be about. It’s distressing to read how you guys are going at one another. Could you kindly put this behind you/us and use your energy in a more positive way?

Life is just too short.
For you? Yes. My apologies to the innocent bystanders.

Quick Reply: Why can't I sell my tires?