A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

1st time Audi owner with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

On mine, the setting to the right is definitely more sensitive - causing the wipers to run more frequently in similar rainfall. If it's like some of my other cars, the wipers adjust to a slower/default rate when you're at a stop. Try switching between settings while driving in a consistent rainfall - the difference is obvious in mine.

I get the same Audi Smartphone Interface message above when I haven't attached my iPhone via cable. I've poked around and ended up just hitting Cancel every time. I also get a "you are still using Audi Connection Services, or something similar, every time I shut the car off. I ignore that too.

While actual tire pressures aren't stored, the advice in the post is accurate. It may store a rotational frequency vs. a pressure value, but you should still initialize the system with cold pressures.

Last edited by PghRich; 06-22-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Eye kant spel.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by snaplink
I have my device (iPhone 8) connected via bluetooth but when I go into the connection manager to choose the device, it's not actually in the list. So far I've just been plugging my phone into the usb connection and using CarPlay to utilize my amazon music app. Is there a way to get this screen to stop showing up or at least get my device connected so I don't see it every time I start the car?

My next question is about the auto wipers. I have a Premium model and it was raining pretty good this morning so I tried the auto setting with the switch next to it all the way to the left by the single raindrop graphic which worked ok, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. When at a traffic light the wipers were still going pretty quickly so I fiddled around with the "rain intensity" setting and move it all the way right which has the multiple raindrop graphic but the wipe frequency stayed the same. The other settings are low and high, what does the rain intensity dial have to do with the wipers when on auto?
Basically you want to make sure youre connecting your phone one way and not both ways. Sometimes the MMi gets confused. Once I discovered I was going to use Android Auto I disconnected the bluetooth connection to my phone. The screen youre getting is when it disconnects from the USB and its trying to figure out which to use again. Also, I have discovered that the MMi connects to my phone better if I plug the USB in AFTER I have started the car, not before. YMMV though.

As for the wipers, I cant help you, Ive never used mine. Im sure someone else will chime in on that.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snaplink
I'm hoping I can continue to use this thread with additional questions so here goes.

This car has more tech in it that my last three combined so there are a few things I'm working through with the owners manual but if someone could possibly explain a connection manager question I have it would be much appreciated.

Whenever I get into the car and start it up I'm met with this screen.

no device connected.

I have my device (iPhone 8) connected via bluetooth but when I go into the connection manager to choose the device, it's not actually in the list. So far I've just been plugging my phone into the usb connection and using CarPlay to utilize my amazon music app. Is there a way to get this screen to stop showing up or at least get my device connected so I don't see it every time I start the car?

My next question is about the auto wipers. I have a Premium model and it was raining pretty good this morning so I tried the auto setting with the switch next to it all the way to the left by the single raindrop graphic which worked ok, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. When at a traffic light the wipers were still going pretty quickly so I fiddled around with the "rain intensity" setting and move it all the way right which has the multiple raindrop graphic but the wipe frequency stayed the same. The other settings are low and high, what does the rain intensity dial have to do with the wipers when on auto?
Welcome to the Family!

That green Audi Smartphone message means the last screen you were on when you turned off the car was the Apple Carplay screen. When nothing is plugged in you will get this message. If you aren't going to plug in and want to look at something else I'd just recommend using the shortcuts for Media (to see what you're playing over Bluetooth) or Maps (for a nice extra map view you can play with).