A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

The problem with OBDeleven (and VCP to a certain degree) is that it hides what it is doing in regards to coding. Coding is always about bytes and bits, so high_beam_functions is something that OBDeleven made up and that looks different in VCDS and/or VCP and/or forum posts (depending on what tool the post refers to). That's the reason why "Coding->high_beam_functions->high-beam assistant" means nothing to someone with VCDS and "Coding (07) - Byte 4 - Bit 1" means nothing to someone with OBDeleven.

Mitchfin did a great job at https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...sense-2907906/ because he actually listed both, OBD11 and VCDS and that was a lot of work.

As example:
09 - Central Electrics
Old 10-23-2016, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
You can use either in OBDEleven. They do the same thing but with VCDS you can only do that bits. So whatever you do just do one side the whole way. Staging is what the needle sweep is called. If you look in module 17 than you'll find it under coding. Just change it to activate.
Thanks! I will try that.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep Fog Lights on with High Beam

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
So I tried your coding and it didn't keep the bottom DRL on with my turn signal, it must be some adaptation or coded elsewhere. I did figure out how to keep fogs on with High beam but it required me to change the headlight region to ECE, and im not sure what else that would do to the headlights.
I tried changing the headlight region to ECE, is does work but my front blinkers do not and throws codes. I have 2017 Q7, is there any other mods you did along with that, I have OBDEleven, Ross-Tech and ODIS tools.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I'm on the fence. I like it saving gas when I'm at a long stop light. But on the drive into/out of my neighborhood, I have to pass through 6 stop signs which are often monitored by police.

It's really annoying when you come to a VERY brief stop and the engine stops/starts. I must come to a complete stop or risk getting a ticket. So I either have to remember to push the disable button, or shift to S. Shifting to S is what I've been doing (when I remember).

I wish there was a slightly longer delay built in so that it doesn't stop until the vehicle has been at 0 mph for at least a full second, or maybe two seconds. If I could find coding for that delay and increase to 1 or 2 seconds, the system would be great.
I can understand that. I have been able to control that completely, at least so far, simply by the amount of pressure I put on the brake pedal. I wonder if that pedal sensibility is different in each car??
Old 10-23-2016, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Lane Assist Coding Help

I did the instruction, 5F part went fine but when I started A5 and went into BAP personalization, it says "function not available" and doesn't let me change anything. I am using OBDEleven and "ALL ADAPTATIONS" section.

Last edited by danoarx; 10-23-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by danoarx
I did the instruction, 5F part went fine but when I started A5 and went into BAP personalization, it says "function not available" and doesn't let me change anything. I am using OBDEleven and "ALL ADAPTATIONS" section.
ok, I was able to do it, I thought I only have to use "ALL ADAPTATIONS" sections. I did Coding section and then all adaptions. Now my car is showing Lane Assist system malfuction message.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by gguy
I can understand that. I have been able to control that completely, at least so far, simply by the amount of pressure I put on the brake pedal. I wonder if that pedal sensibility is different in each car??
I can use the pedal pressure to stop it if I really think about it. But it feels like it takes a long time to stop that way. Easier to just shift to S.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danoarx
ok, I was able to do it, I thought I only have to use "ALL ADAPTATIONS" sections. I did Coding section and then all adaptions. Now my car is showing Lane Assist system malfuction message.
Double check everything and then reset MMI, usually the system needs a minute to reset.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEREZ
I tried changing the headlight region to ECE, is does work but my front blinkers do not and throws codes. I have 2017 Q7, is there any other mods you did along with that, I have OBDEleven, Ross-Tech and ODIS tools.

Yeah, i wouldn't recommend the ECE coding.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone found a way to tweak the time lane assist will stay on before beeping yet?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks