A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding - Traffic Sign Recognition

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

And ignore all the warnings that come up on the dash whilst the car is being coded...
Old 07-21-2018, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

So basically the dongle doesn’t need to be plugged in all the time for the traffic sign recognition to work? Is it vin limited? As in, can it only be installed in one car and u need new dongles to install in different cars? If not, have any of you tried installing it in two different cars?
Old 07-21-2018, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

As mentioned in several threads on this:

yes, it is VIN locked to the car it is originally put on
The dongle only needs to be plugged in once, when you install it. The you remove the dongle, as said in an earlier post, and put away somewhere safe.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, so i received the dongle today and i plugged it in, the light was red then went to green.... went to test it out and the traffic signs work 1/2 the time and are quick flashes on the screen then disappear. not sure

Last edited by lexsynergy; 07-23-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

fixed the issue.. i had to plug in obdeleven and go back and change some things in long coding that i did a while ago when i was trying to manually get traffic signs to work.. so basically i put everything back to stock and cleared all the faults through odeleven and then re installed the kufatec dongle and now everything works flawless
Old 07-24-2018, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone is able to see what changes when using the kufatec and then obdeleven? I would think that there is some sort of programming change that might be identified by someone who has both. Thoughts?
Old 07-24-2018, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by sethz
Just wondering if anyone is able to see what changes when using the kufatec and then obdeleven? I would think that there is some sort of programming change that might be identified by someone who has both. Thoughts?
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

If you are thinking that you can find the coding changes and then use the obdeleven to code your car, it does not work. There are several threads here about the traffic sign recognition and that the obdeleven can not do it. The camera has to have a file uploaded that changes its parameters. Now, I’m not sure what that means, but obdeleven does not have the ability to load that kind of file.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gguy
If you are thinking that you can find the coding changes and then use the obdeleven to code your car, it does not work. There are several threads here about the traffic sign recognition and that the obdeleven can not do it. The camera has to have a file uploaded that changes its parameters. Now, I’m not sure what that means, but obdeleven does not have the ability to load that kind of file.
correct! i spent days trying to figure out traffic recognition with obdeleven.. gave up and bought the dongle...works everytime with no more effort messing with long coding and re searching on the hacks
Old 07-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does anyone else get a lot of errors from the Traffic Sign system? I will see things saying it's "currently unavailable. See owner's manual". Is that just standard operating procedure, or should I be clearing faults or something to make it go away?

For the record, the manual says this:

Quick Reply: Coding - Traffic Sign Recognition