A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try shutting everything down and re-log in and re-scan car and enter security code before trying to change - may be worth a try?
Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Woolly
Good news - it worked on the way home. Its going to take a bit of getting used too but it works. Details below. Would really welcome confirmation this also works for others and/or other ideas on how to refine etc - good luck!!

A little treat I found in my research – how to activate the ALA guidelines in the HUD:

HUD Module 82
long coding
Lane Departure Warning -> set to available.

HUD Module 82
Adaptations
Personalized settings MMI
Lane assistant -> set to yes

Traffic Jam Assist Coding
I made so many attempts at this so I am not going to guarantee the following is in the right sequence (but I don’t think the sequence matters that much to be honest as if it did mine would not be working). Usual disclaimers need to be noted that this worked for me and not saying it will work for you or if it is legal where you live etc etc – try at your own risk!

My car: MY18, Built 2017, SQ5 Australian delivery. Has all add on’s (DAP etc) but it seems for these cars in Australia they do not include TJA, ALA or the traffic sign recognition (note for the traffic sign one I am waiting on a Kufatec dongle to enable that one as it does need parameterization of the camera). Have previously activated ALA following MitchFin’s instructions (and it works great) from this forum so note that ALA was activated before I did TJA as below.

After each and every change (ie each long coding and adaptation make sure you long press the green tick to accept each change as you go).

Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
Long Coding:
Assistent_for_traffic_hold_up -> activated
Traffic_jam_assistant_in_car_menu -> activated
Traffic_jam_dependent_linear_tracking -> activated
Driveaway by triggerleaver -> activated
Auto driveaway after short stop -> activated
Auto driveaway by pretrigger -> activated
Curve_assistent -> activated
Dense_traffic -> activated
Emergency_assist ->installed
Emergency_steer_assist -> activated

Note – some of these were already activated – I assume they are part of the stop & go function of the ACC.

Adaptations:
Nil

Control Unit A5: Front Sensors Driver Assistance System (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)
Long Coding
STA -> coded

Adaptations

Nil

Control Unit 44: Steering

Long Coding

Heading control assistant -> active
Traffic jam guidance assist -> active

Adaptations

Nil

Control unit 5F: Information control unit (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)

Long Coding

Nil

Adaptations

Fahrzeug funktionsliste bap2 generation erweiterung:

Front_traffic_assist_0x41 -> activated
Front_traffic_assist_0x41_msg_bus -> terminal 15

Vehicle configuration:

VZA pro: On

Once all the above have been done, and you have accepted each change successfully as you have made them, reset the MMI. Once re-started I then hit the car on/off button to turn off. Get out of the car and lock it. Wait 5 minutes then get back in and start the car and go for a test drive (in multi-lane traffic, moving slow with good line markings)

Hope it works for you all.

thanks for for all your hard work! I have enabled this and look forward to driving tomorrow and seeing if it works.

The only portion I couldn’t find was “VZA pro: on”. Where do I find that?

Last edited by amorak; 03-29-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try shutting everything down and re-log in and re-scan car and enter security code before trying to change - may be worth a try?
Ok figured out that I have to enter security code to do some of the adaptations.

Now when I restart car says ALA malfunction. Haha

Anyone else get this error after completing all the steps and figure out a fix?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suggest go back over each and every change again and double check they are all set correctly.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, go back over all again. I had trouble because I didn’t know to make the change of each item before going to the next one. When finished I reset the MMI and LKA worked without turning off the car.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Went back and checked everything.

44 steering byte 2 bit 7 won't code because it says it's out of range.

Everything else is coded exactly per directions.

Anyone else get stuck on 44 steering?
Old 04-01-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Has anyone tried this on a Pre+ 2018 S3? I'm not sure if all the hardware is the same in the two vehicles, but am really looking to do this mod if possible. I do have side assist, and pre sense "basic" i think its called... US model, with all options minus S Sport Seats. Any help would be great.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Good news - it worked on the way home. Its going to take a bit of getting used too but it works. Details below. Would really welcome confirmation this also works for others and/or other ideas on how to refine etc - good luck!!

Traffic Jam Assist Coding

After each and every change (ie each long coding and adaptation make sure you long press the green tick to accept each change as you go).
-----------------------------------------------------------

Control unit 5F: Information control unit (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)

Long Coding

Nil

Adaptations

Fahrzeug funktionsliste bap2 generation erweiterung:

Front_traffic_assist_0x41 -> activated
Front_traffic_assist_0x41_msg_bus -> terminal 15

Vehicle configuration:

VZA pro: On

Once all the above have been done, and you have accepted each change successfully as you have made them, reset the MMI. Once re-started I then hit the car on/off button to turn off. Get out of the car and lock it. Wait 5 minutes then get back in and start the car and go for a test drive (in multi-lane traffic, moving slow with good line markings)

Hope it works for you all.
^ Hi Woolly,
Thanks very much for all your work and for sharing your findings with the AudiWorld forum community - much appreciated.
Using my OBDeleven... same as Amorak (see his previous post here) I am also having difficulty finding the parameter "VZA pro" in my Q5's system. Did you find VZA pro in Control Unit 5F?
Please let us know exactly where this parameter can be found. Thanks!
- Richard
Old 04-01-2018, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
^ Hi Woolly,
Thanks very much for all your work and for sharing your findings with the AudiWorld forum community - much appreciated.
Using my OBDeleven... same as Amorak (see his previous post here) I am also having difficulty finding the parameter "VZA pro" in my Q5's system. Did you find VZA pro in Control Unit 5F?
Please let us know exactly where this parameter can be found. Thanks!
- Richard
I was confused for a bit, but it's actually as he describes:
  • Control unit 5F: Information control unit (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)
    • Adaptations
      • ​​​​​​​Vehicle configuration:
        • VZA pro: On
So it's under adaptations, then vehicle configuration as the line choice in OB11.

​​​​​​​Hope that helps!
Old 04-02-2018, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by amorak
I was confused for a bit, but it's actually as he describes:
  • Control unit 5F: Information control unit (Enter Security Code: 20103 before coding)
    • Adaptations
      • Vehicle configuration:
        • VZA pro: On
So it's under adaptations, then vehicle configuration as the line choice in OB11.

​​​​​​​Hope that helps!
^ Thanks Amorak! I'll have another look at this later today.
So.. were you able to get Traffic Jam Assist activated on your Q5?!

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)