A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Salsa
Just a frustrating comment to share... You can have a vehicle with Pre-Sense that this will not work for. If you're using ODBeleven and the A5 module isn't showing, it won't work for you.

Source: Have a 2018 Q5, with pre-sense, that does not have the same camera as you guys have mentioned before.
^ What type(s) of pre sense does your '18 Q5 have? The vehicle must be equipped with pre sense 'city' for the coding procedure to work. If the vehicle is equipped only with pre sense 'basic' the procedure won't work.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caranddriver
Someone said that turning traction control to sport will turn it off. Since most of us are not racing around city streets, should be a good work around. Someone on here is trying to, but it appears there is some steering wheel angle recalibration/reset that nobody knows how to do after you get the new steering color with correct stalk.
This doesn’t seem to work for me. I activated the lane assist yesterday using OBDEleven and it works great, but putting the car in Dynamic mode does NOT turn off the lane assist if I ever wanted to do that. Anyone have any insight as to why?
Old 05-16-2018, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by D3lta

This doesn’t seem to work for me. I activated the lane assist yesterday using OBDEleven and it works great, but putting the car in Dynamic mode does NOT turn off the lane assist if I ever wanted to do that. Anyone have any insight as to why?
Putting the car in Dynamic mode doesn't put traction control in "Sport". You do that by hitting the traction control button on the console, and you'll see a message on the dash. Holding the traction control button for several seconds turns it off entirely.

My experience is that putting into "Sport" or turning it off does disable lane assist.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rccoleman
Putting the car in Dynamic mode doesn't put traction control in "Sport". You do that by hitting the traction control button on the console, and you'll see a message on the dash. Holding the traction control button for several seconds turns it off entirely.

My experience is that putting into "Sport" or turning it off does disable lane assist.
Ahh I see! I thought Dynamic = Sport.

Thank you for clearing that up!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by D3lta

^ Appears to be a case of unclear advice leading to misinterpretation. The post you quoted mentioned "turning traction control to sport"... which you understandably interpreted as setting Audi drive select to "Dynamic".. which will NOT work to deactivate ALA.
To quickly (and briefly, hopefully) deactivate ALA (after coding it on with OBDeleven) you need to turn off Electronic Stabilization Control (ESC). The ESC deactivation switch is located on the center stack - see page 141 of the online owner's manual.
Be aware that if you deactivate ESC you will lose stabilization control, traction control and your pre sense systems. As well the operation of other integrated systems are impacted. Be sure to review the ESC section of your owner's manual before arbitrarily turning off ESC.
Turn off ESC at your own risk!

Last edited by rbreeze; 05-16-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the clarification rbreeze. Turning off ESC is probably something I’m not interested in doing, looks like I’ll drive around with ALA on for a while and decide whether to keep it on or off.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the dealer notice this and causing trouble? I have a b9 allroad premium plus with about 11000 miles, im worring if i do this the warranty will be gone.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello , it is possible turn on/of via menu, or someost via button( if don´t have need to install?)
Old 06-07-2018, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I just purchased ODBEleven and installed it on a cheap Android phone I bought just for this purpose. I was fully prepared to do the coding in this thread to enable this feature, but It's showing that Active Lane Assist has been added as an app. If I use the pre-installed app, is there any other coding needed?
Old 06-07-2018, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it says not active ALA but is it just a mistake as there is a few in the descriptions of APPs.

Quick Reply: Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist (all cars with pre sense)