A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

H&R Sport Springs Non-Sport B9 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonatino
I've decided and went with the H&R street performance coil overs. They come with a lifetime warranty from AWE and I need height adjustment since I'll probably be raising it in the winter (I live in Canada). And half a dozen people from the B9 facebook group love them.

From what I gathered in my research, if you're going to do springs you should do the shocks at the same time or else with larger drops (1.5"+), the springs become very bouncy and a lot of people ended up going to coilovers later on anyways. I've ridden in coilovers before that focus on track performance and they were extremely stiff; something i wouldn't want for daily driving, but the H&R's are tuned more for street performance. I'll let you know though.

If the coilovers are too stiff for daily driving, I'll probably end up putting the car on bags once we get more variety for the B9 cars.
How do you find this setup for daily driving? I had Emmanuelle Design springs on my non sport OEM struts and they ride fairly close to stock in the summer months, but with the colder weather and the longer use they have become quite stiff and almost bouncy. Not bouncy like the struts are blown, just that the suspension is SUPER stiff with the cold weather and it was getting on my nerves, so I went back to the stock springs for now. I'd like to get Bilstein's B8 struts because they are designed with proper spring rate to match with lowering springs, so I suspect the ride would be much better only they don't seem to have them in the US or Canada right now. I can see them available in Europe, but haven't tried to order anything yet. I really hate the wheel gap on the B9 version even with the sport suspension. The drop the Emmanuelle Design springs gave me was perfect, just looking for a nicer ride.