A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Next car -- what are your plans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
No plans for a replacement. I love our '23 Mazda CX-30 but we don't need another one. I briefly considered a new Mazda CX-5 Carbon Turbo in Zircon Sand but remembered how uncomfortable the seats were. I briefly considered the Genesis G60 but it is looking a bit "meh" now. I haven't found anything to replace the all-around goodness of my A4, and with less than 33k miles I doubt I will.
Your Comments resonate well regarding the CX-5 Turbos, both my wife and daughter drive them. Mazda's drive experience is still fun (Zoom-Zoom lives), but for me the seats are a killer. My wife and daughter have no issue with them. They are both under 5'5", so I guess it may be a height/proportion issue. I'm 5'11". I've developed a minor lower back disc pinch issue and the (I think) exceptionally flat bench of the CX-5 seats just doesn't work there. I can do 1-2 hours on that seat before I have to add cushioning and shift 40 times per hour, after 4 hours I'm out of my mind (and seat). Bummer as I think the fit and finish and performance in the higher trims CX-5 is impressive. Not great for me as a passenger seat , but undo-able as a driver seat.

As we're a B9 thread here, the Sport Seats from the Sport Package on my 2017 A4 B9 are a God send. I had a hard time finding a 2017 A4 in stock (when a very large Doe leapt off a hill and fell from the skies on top of my 2014 A4 hood and totalled it) with the Sport package (and sport seats); so glad I waited it out and found one. I have found that a slight decline in the seat angle makes a tremendous difference. The Thigh Bolster extension, AND the sport seat Tilt adjustment provide all the adjustment I need to remove the discomfort. And the discomfort/angle changes regularly, so being able to adjust that angle is a game changer.

I
The following users liked this post:
dseag2 (12-19-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

On my third RS5. Now a 2021. Going to order a 2024 soon. Not interested in an EV or a hybrid. RS5 coupe could be history post 2024.
Loved all of mine!
Old 12-19-2023, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by John Kane
Your Comments resonate well regarding the CX-5 Turbos, both my wife and daughter drive them. Mazda's drive experience is still fun (Zoom-Zoom lives), but for me the seats are a killer. My wife and daughter have no issue with them. They are both under 5'5", so I guess it may be a height/proportion issue. I'm 5'11". I've developed a minor lower back disc pinch issue and the (I think) exceptionally flat bench of the CX-5 seats just doesn't work there. I can do 1-2 hours on that seat before I have to add cushioning and shift 40 times per hour, after 4 hours I'm out of my mind (and seat). Bummer as I think the fit and finish and performance in the higher trims CX-5 is impressive. Not great for me as a passenger seat , but undo-able as a driver seat.

As we're a B9 thread here, the Sport Seats from the Sport Package on my 2017 A4 B9 are a God send. I had a hard time finding a 2017 A4 in stock (when a very large Doe leapt off a hill and fell from the skies on top of my 2014 A4 hood and totalled it) with the Sport package (and sport seats); so glad I waited it out and found one. I have found that a slight decline in the seat angle makes a tremendous difference. The Thigh Bolster extension, AND the sport seat Tilt adjustment provide all the adjustment I need to remove the discomfort. And the discomfort/angle changes regularly, so being able to adjust that angle is a game changer.

I
QFT, and I also find the A4 Sport Seats with the thigh adjusters extremely comfortable. They keep me in place when I'm in driving in a spirited way but they are still very comfortable.
Old 12-22-2023, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 2024 RS5 in transit

2024 RS5 Competition in Ascari Blue heading my way. I was fearful that the B10 would be a hybrid. Not interested. I'll provide a report in a month or three.

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I've been waiting patiently for Audi to make an announcement as to what its next generation A4/A5 models will offer. Hopefully, it will be some time next year.

I'm curious about what others who are planning to get a new Audi in the next year or so are planning to do? Get an all-electric vehicle or an ICE one?

Any A4 owners planning to move up to an A5 ... or down to an A3? So far, I'm leaning to an A5 ... unless the new A4 electric is so spectacular it blows me away.
lowjdml (12-23-2023)
Old 12-23-2023, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

My thoughts are that I want have the last year of the completely ICE model. I'm curious as to what the B10 will offer on exterior and interior changes. I'd like to see the "I pad stuck on the dash" MMI disappear but keep the current HVAC controls. On another note, I see my local dealer is listing below MSRP. Example: 2024 S5 SB P+ has MSRP of $69,815 and listed online for $65,725. Similar discounts on the Q models.
JSchmo (12-24-2023)